+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bmcl

RBW Member jale is on a distinguished road jale is on a distinguished road jale's Avatar

Bmcl

Hi,
    Yes I know that the Pelagian is a nice machine and that the "under arm" CL are in no way restrictive. But still, I would like to ask if anyone has try to use BMCL similar to something like the Manta CL of the Meg.
    Jale.

RBW Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar
    rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand

rEvoII fullsize

Re: Bmcl

decoweenie posted once that he planned to use dave thomas bmcl's on a pelegian.

dont know if that ever happened tho.

i think the meg and the pelegian use different size loop hoses.

Cut along dotted line... Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler's Avatar

Jale: not sure why anyone would want to move the CLs from underarm to backmounted. Seems like that would defeat one of the most attractive secondary benefits of the unit; horizontal trim out of the box.

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kybrt  View Original Post
    decoweenie posted once that he planned to use dave thomas bmcl's on a pelegian
    You meant Dave Thompson.

Since the day I got Dave's BMCL set, I have dived every unit I had with them since.

Dave's BMCL was the first design available and (IMHO) still the best.

RBW Member johan carlsson is an unknown quantity at this point johan carlsson's Avatar
    Pelagian fore KINGS

Lots of old ones...

Quote Originally Posted by Doppler  View Original Post
    Jale: not sure why anyone would want to move the CLs from underarm to backmounted. Seems like that would defeat one of the most attractive secondary benefits of the unit; horizontal trim out of the box.
    I just tryied the BMCL "manta" ("on a Meg") but i was very possitively surprized that the trim was nice frome the start and nice experienced WOB.. But thats maybee just me..
    The JJ-CCR Bmcl ("Dave´s") looks realy nice havent tryed those yet but..

// J

RBW Member jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro FT

Pelagian DCCCR

Quote Originally Posted by johan carlsson  View Original Post
    I just tryied the BMCL "manta" ("on a Meg") but i was very possitively surprized that the trim was nice frome the start and nice experienced WOB.. But thats maybee just me..
    The JJ-CCR Bmcl ("Dave´s") looks realy nice havent tryed those yet but..

// J
    I really wish for some BMCLs for my Pelagian.

While they are not really in the way, they are a minor annoyance when dressing, and they take up some "real estate" complicating clipping and unclipping of stages slightly.

I still love my unit though, and the needle-valve is a real "keeper", as with instant cell validation.

Life starts at 100 rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo's Avatar
    Pelagian DCCCR

Classic KISS, Megalodon

Quote Originally Posted by kybrt  View Original Post
    decoweenie posted once that he planned to use dave thomas bmcl's on a pelegian.

dont know if that ever happened tho.

i think the meg and the pelegian use different size loop hoses.

Hi!
    The hose size is the same.

Cheers
    Roger

Dive Aqaba Owner Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson's Avatar
    Pelagian

Dolphin, GAF

Not sure why one would want to change this unique feature of the unit which gives great trim. I have a fiend who currently building a unit with similar design features other than the CLs which will be back mounted...we will be testing this unit at the end of January I will be able to make direct comparisons of the trim.

Personally I prefer the underarm CLs as I like swimming in a horizontal position even when Im taking photos...also much better position for a long deco hang did around 3 hours deco last week on one dive very comfy...

Rod

RBW Member toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe's Avatar
    rEvo 111 hybrid

Vision Inspo,Evo+, classic

[
    Personally I prefer the underarm CLs as I like swimming in a horizontal position even when Im taking photos...also much better position for a long deco hang did around 3 hours deco last week on one dive very comfy...

Have tried back mounted counter lungs, sometimes people just prefer the devil they know.

Tony

RBW Member Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy's Avatar
    GAF mccr,rEvoII

Dolphin,Pelagian

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Abbotson  View Original Post
    Not sure why one would want to change this unique feature of the unit which gives great trim. I have a fiend who currently building a unit with similar design features other than the CLs which will be back mounted...we will be testing this unit at the end of January I will be able to make direct comparisons of the trim.

Rod
    The lungs are front mounted Rod you Wally.Regards the friend

+ Reply to Thread