+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Addis Charter - part 7

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Addis Charter - part 7

Let me start this trip report by clearing up the false reports that a couple of over divers have posted in regards to
    this outfit. When those other Addis charters trip reports were posted there was obviously something amiss.
    Perhaps they were from Jeff himself as a sock puppet in an attempt to salvage his reputation. There is NO WAY
    IN HELL that anything good can be said about Addis Charters or even Jeff himself as a captain of the vessel.
    Those posts were pure BUL***IT and anyone that has ever been on the boat will know that I type only the truth.

It was another beautiful morning as I was waiting at the dock. I always arrive a few minutes early and always
    expect Jeff to be at least 30 minutes to 3 hours late. I figured that today would be the same, but I was shocked to
    see Capt. Jeff pulling up to the dock just as I arrived. I quickly grabbed the dock line and secured the boat. I
    then grabbed my rebreather and loaded it on the boat. I started with the usual "good morning" and such, but got
    no reply. Can you imagine my horror as I looked at Jeff and found him passed out and slumped over the helm. It
    is some kind of miracle that he got it into neutral before he got there. It is a sad state of affairs when the only
    descent docking he has ever done was when he was out cold.

I looked around the boat and began to clean up the empty beer cans and threw the crack pipe overboard.
    Something must have snapped in Jeff because just as I threw the pipe he went overboard after it. When he
    surfaced without it, the cussing and temper tantrum began. I just ignored it, as this is normal behavior for him. In
    his fit of rage, he threw our nice, fancy, and expensive lunch overboard. Quess that I will never bring that again.

We got out to the Hydro, a wreck in about 170', and found several fishing boats there. Jeff buzzed them with his
    boat and tried to capsize them. When this didn't work he started throwing beer cans at them. You know it is
    serious as hell when Jeff is throwing beer cans that he has not consumed the contents of first. Needless to say
    the terrorized fishermen got out of there rather quickly. Jeff then set out to hook the wreck. This turned out to be
    a real ordeal too. He made me manually pull up the anchor from the first two failed attempts while he laughed at
    me. Lucky for my arms, he got it right on the third try and we were ready to gear up. We had to get in the water
    before the coast guard or police got there.

Jeff hurriedly geared up. He skipped all checklist items and didn't even prebreathe. He was ready and was
    hollering at me to hurry the f**k up. I moved to the edge to put my fins on prior to rolling off, but I was too slow.
    He pushed me off before I got my second fin on. I had a bitch of a time fighting the current with one fin to get the
    tag line, and then put my fin on. Jeff was already 40' down the anchor line before I was ready to descend.

The dive plan was 45 min and we were going to get into every nook and cranny that we could find. The dive went
    as planned with the exception of a couple of places that Jeff refused to follow me through. He thumbed the dive
    right on schedule and we headed for the anchor line and began our ascent.

Jeff was above me by a few feet for the entire deco hang and was very upset by the amount of deco that my
    handset was showing. We had very similar profiles , but Jeff was in a real hurry and blew off 20 minutes of deco
    and surfaced. When I had finally cleared and surfaced, all that I heard was his cussing and telling me to get my
    ass back down and untangle the anchor. When I told him that I would like a bit of surface interval, he immediately
    ran to the stern and pulled up the ladder. He told me that if I didn't go get the anchor right now that he would cut
    the line and leave both the anchor and me in the ocean to drift. Quess what? I went back down for the anchor. It
    had gotten snagged on a rope from a crab trap and was easy to get free. I surfaced again and there was still no
    ladder. I yelled for the ladder and it was thrown to me, or maybe I should say at me. I did learn how hard it is to
    get a ladder secured into the mounting slots when the boat is rocking.

It was a quiet and stressful ride back to the dock. As we approached I grabbed the dock line and got ready to
    tie off. Here comes the real ball buster - Jeff pushed me into the canal and powered away. All my dive gear,
    keys,wallet, etc. were still on the boat. I couldn't even drive home from the dock. I had to walk, that sucked too. I
    had my truck towed home by AAA and called all the credit card companies and reported the cards lost. By the
    time that I got to Jeff's house he had stashed my gear and myself and the police could not find it. If any of you
    see and gear listed on eBay or anywhere else with "Dsix" marked on it, I would appreciate a PM or email.

Can you believe the nerve this guy has. He even wanted me to take him and his wife out for lunch after all this.
    Anyway, we had a nice lunch at a local sports pub as we reminisced over the day.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Sic Semper Tyrannis NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER's Avatar

Re: Addis Charter - part 7

DSix,

I feel your pain on that dive, sounds like a real doozy!

Jeff really needs to get his vices under control, after all, the whole Cay Sal trip I kept finding him in my room stealing and drinking all of my Bombay Sapphire.

I know the airlines have loosened up on the drinking, as long it is on his off time......doesn't surprise me that he has switched to the "rock" to stay awake on long flights, who would have known it would carry over to the boat.

perhaps, next time your are stranded you might think about jeff and call AA instead of AAA.

you got to confront him, I know the truth hurts but it is the right thing to do.

until the next episode.......
    Last edited by NEDIVER; 6th October 2009 at 01:41.

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar
    rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand

rEvoII fullsize

maybe we should drive down there for an intervention??

i would fly but you never know who's behind the wheel.........
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

Whadda you complaining about, sounds like good times to me.

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by swadiver  View Original Post
    Whadda you complaining about, sounds like good times to me.
    And you wonder why I haven't been in a hurry to get back into the water!

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

mmm, Bombay Sapphire, mother's milk.

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

After thinking it would be "funny" to turn off your gas at 400+ feet in the blue hole on the Monkey trip, you continue to dive with him?

CCR Diva scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt's Avatar
    meg & rEvo

inspo, optima, KISS, submatix

Quote Originally Posted by kybrt  View Original Post
    i would fly but you never know who's behind the wheel.........
    Damn i never thought of this when i fly!!!! good thing i fly alaska air!!
    don you just dont seem to have any luck with that addis guy!

Revo

Optima

He is a menace to all those in the air and under the sea.

Sic Semper Tyrannis NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swadiver  View Original Post
    He is a menace to all those in the air and under the sea.
    No wonder his initials are JA!

He seems to be waiving his hands in the air at the bar all the time: Jeff Addis (JA) does a music video

+ Reply to Thread