+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie rebreather diving in Dahab

New Member Diving Dude is an unknown quantity at this point Diving Dude's Avatar

Newbie rebreather diving in Dahab

l am a newbie classic diver and fancy taking my non-diving wife to Dahab.

l thought that if l went shore diving l could do a couple of dives and be back at the hotel quicker than if l was out on a boat.

Chasey suggested Poseidon Divers, l contacted them and they told me that l would need a guide who would need to be on a rebreather as well and because their rebreather guys would be doing the deeper tech stuff, (l only want to do 20-25mtr) they couldn't help.

So does anyone know of a newbie rebreather friendly dive operation in Dahab or El Gourno?

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Re: Newbie rebreather diving in Dahab

Thats realy odd M8 all my guides were on OC? OK I dived with Andrew most of the time but I did three dives that were just me and a bunch of single 12 BCD types?

Who did you speek to? Simon is the man to ask

ATB

Mark Chase

10/52 Psycho Depth-junkie is a jewel in the rough Depth-junkie is a jewel in the rough Depth-junkie is a jewel in the rough Depth-junkie is a jewel in the rough Depth-junkie is a jewel in the rough Depth-junkie is a jewel in the rough Depth-junkie is a jewel in the rough Depth-junkie's Avatar

Hi Howard

Simon and Sumi are not at Poseidon anymore as they are back in the UK to get married.

I am going over to Dahab and am diving with Poseidon in March on my YBOD, i am going over 27th march till 7th April. I was going to do a few rec dives with the wife and then a few gas dives. But my Mum and Dad have now tagged along, as they want to go to Egypt for a long while but dont fancy it alone. So to be fair to the misses and them i will probably only do the rec dives now so i can spend sometime with them.

I will probably do 5/6 days diving out of the 10 days and the wife will only do about 3. So i will be buddy less for 2/3 days, but if you want to do a early morning dip so i can get back to the hotel by 11-12ish so i can spend some time with my folks we could buddy up no probs if my holiday dates suit yours.

ATB
    Gareth

P.S not botherd as to depth as i have dived most of the deeper sites at Dahab, so 25-30m is fine by me.

Dude Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diving Dude
    l am a newbie classic diver and fancy taking my non-diving wife to Dahab.
    Hey Howie, nothing definate booked yet but I will probably be in Dahab 20-27 March, will hopefully do 3 days diving with some german operation at Iberotel Dahabaya.

Not going to take the rebreather cos I'm one of those people who flip between OC/CC depending on the depth... 25 is definately OC depth :) I understand all red sea shore diving is limited to 30m by law.

cheers

Andy

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar

Just got back from Dahab and had an amazing week's diving!

Poseidon were great - operational management just taken over by Ricky (delightful german lady) and Mark Andrews of 205m Yolanda wreck dive fame. Really nice people, couldn't be more helpful.

To answer your question, I believe Ed Poore has an Inspo there - I don't know whether he'd go out with you or not. If you have an OC buddy and stick to recreational depths then I think they'll let you do it but you'll be given shore cover, so you won't be by yourself anyway.

They have a haskel and do O2 and He by the litre. They have 10li ali stages which I used on the SSBOD and normal 3li steels. They also do sofnalime.

Buddy and I had a jeep, trailer and shore cover (also a DM) pretty much to ourselves all week. You pay for gases and then on top, a daily fee depending on whether it's a Rec or a Tec dive.

Emperor (by the Hilton) and Ocean somethingorother also cater for rebreathers.

And IIRC, it's all shore diving out of Dahab.

HTH
    Last edited by Mdemon; 23rd January 2006 at 20:08.

+ Reply to Thread