+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Changing valves, Azimuth

Normal people worry me jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap's Avatar

Changing valves, Azimuth

Hi

I want to get rid of the 'nitrox'-valves for the tanks on my Azimuth. Does any of you have experience in changing valves for the Azimuth?

It seems hard to find suitable low profile valves, preferably 200/232bar DIN-Air, left handwheel and M25? The ordinary AIR-DIN valves I have been looking at are all quite high so I imagine they will stick out from the Azimuth casing, something I would like to avoid if possible.

/Anders

Joseph Grech Joseph Grech is an unknown quantity at this point Joseph Grech's Avatar

Re: Changing valves, Azimuth

As you may well already realized converting the valves to standard dins is not very easy. In fact I switched to a standard apeks valve and machined the inner thread to match the Azi bottles. This I only did to one bottle which is now used for the oxygen. The other I left with the original valve.

joseph

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

Quote Originally Posted by jaap
    Hi

I want to get rid of the 'nitrox'-valves for the tanks on my Azimuth. Does any of you have experience in changing valves for the Azimuth?

It seems hard to find suitable low profile valves, preferably 200/232bar DIN-Air, left handwheel and M25? The ordinary AIR-DIN valves I have been looking at are all quite high so I imagine they will stick out from the Azimuth casing, something I would like to avoid if possible.

/Anders
    Sanosub sells valves for the Azimuth that are M25/DIN 200 bars. They sell them in DIN200 bars/3/4NPSM thread too. Contact them directly in Italy. I found the best to contact them is too send them an e-mail to arrange a call time and call them at this said time. Better to talk directly.
    Best
    Philippe

RBW Writer MAD is on a distinguished road MAD is on a distinguished road MAD's Avatar

OK...

So read the posting wrong first time...

I used Apeks crossflow valves on my unit when I fitted a 5l cylinder in the bottom of my unit.

Fine, except it had an Apeks specific plastic knob (Oo-eeer) that was crap... far too brittle. Could not be changed for anything else though.

Rgds

Mark
    Last edited by MAD; 18th January 2006 at 20:36.

Normal people worry me jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap's Avatar

Thanks all

Sanosub seems to sell a replacement valve with DIN-air fitting for 35€ so if that turns out to be true the problem is solved.

RBW Member jacquesm is an unknown quantity at this point jacquesm's Avatar
    Evo+ & Azimuth

It seems that Azimuth rebreather sold in France came, and still come, with a standard DIN Air connection. But the question, and previous answers, let me guess it is not the case elsewhere. Did you get yours with M26*200 thread ? Where is it sold this way ? It may become interesting thing to check before buying a second hand one.

Quote Originally Posted by jacquesm
    It seems that Azimuth rebreather sold in France came, and still come, with a standard DIN Air connection. But the question, and previous answers, let me guess it is not the case elsewhere. Did you get yours with M26*200 thread ? Where is it sold this way ? It may become interesting thing to check before buying a second hand one.
    Well as far as I know they always came with the 'nitrox'-fitting. When I had my Azimuth course in France back in 2000 they did not have normal DIN-air valves. Also Azis from UK and Germany seem to have the odd valves.

Do they sell them with air valves in France today?

+ Reply to Thread