+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CL "D" Ring Challenged

Sorta New Member w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley's Avatar
    JM Hammerhead

ISC Hammer-MEG

CL "D" Ring Challenged

I'm probably the only Rebreather diver who has trouble finding his "D" rings under his CLs. Tried the ones that stick out to the side and are slightly bent "upwards," and wasn't happy. So, took the ones I had to my neighborhood welder and with some 5/16" SS rod here's what I got.

counterlung D rings 020.jpg

counterlung D rings 021.jpg

counterlung D rings 025.jpg

And here's what they look like on.

counterlung D rings 026.jpg
    counterlung D rings 027.jpg

Now, they are easy to find and use.

Bill Ripley
    Bill Ripley

Rebreathers are something that we have to go to in order to dive the way we want to dive. They are not something we go to for any other reason.

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

Re: CL "D" Ring Challenged

Believe me Bill, you are not the only one! Nice job! Let us know how you end up liking them.

Regards,
    Randy

Sorta New Member w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley's Avatar
    JM Hammerhead

ISC Hammer-MEG

Correction - that was 5/32 inch rod, not 5/16th.

Sorry.

Bill Ripley
    Bill Ripley

Rebreathers are something that we have to go to in order to dive the way we want to dive. They are not something we go to for any other reason.

HammerHead ccr IT Marco V is an unknown quantity at this point Marco V's Avatar
    HammerHead, BE ccr prototype

Optima Inspiration Aegir PSCR

Hi Bill,
    what type of harness do you use?

Supporting Member DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill's Avatar
    HammerHead

Dolphin

Nope, you're not the only one.

Which is one of the many reasons I have BMCL's for my HH....

JM Hammerhead

ISC Hammer-MEG

Quote Originally Posted by Marco V  View Original Post
    Hi Bill,
    what type of harness do you use?
    Both are pretty much the same: DiveRite TransPlate for salt water and OMS Comfort Harness II for fresh water.

Bill
    Bill Ripley

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Looks like a good solution. After you have used them for a few dives I will be interested to know if because of there additional extension from the part that attaches to your webbing if:

1) The should webbing strap gets twisted and becomes uncomfortable or hinders finding other things like backup light? Especially when holding the weight of a steel tank.
    2) If the head of the tank ends up hanging to low?
    3) If attaching tanks or other stuff becomes a problem with the two D parts being so close?
    4) If the CL gets twisted or deformed due?

Thanks, John

Richie Burr diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

Bill,

Thanks for the idea.... I'll be adapting mine shortly.

Richie

RBW Member Owen P. Bermann is an unknown quantity at this point Owen P. Bermann's Avatar
    Hammerhead

I have the same problem as well, only I dont have the range of motion to get at a ring that sticks out laterally.

I went with the ones from Deep Outdoors and I'm happy with them.

http://www.deepoutdoors.com/images/e...est-4-slot.gif

Owen

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

Quote Originally Posted by Owen P. Bermann  View Original Post
    I have the same problem as well, only I dont have the range of motion to get at a ring that sticks out laterally.

I went with the ones from Deep Outdoors and I'm happy with them.

http://www.deepoutdoors.com/images/e...est-4-slot.gif

Owen
    Owen,

I'm not sure I am understanding how this particular Dring helps with harness straps under CLs. Maybe I'm not seeing how you are using it.

Regards,
    Randy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast