+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "We can never see past the choices we don't understand"

RBW Member jri is an unknown quantity at this point jri's Avatar
    Megalodon COPIS II

Cool "We can never see past the choices we don't understand"

The Oracle said: "We can never see past the choices we don't understand"
    Neo replied:"Are you saying I have to choose whether Trinity lives or dies? "
    and The Oracle said: "No, you've already made the choice. Now you have to understand it."

This quote from the “Matrix Reloaded” really catches the whole process about my decision to get into CCR diving.
    After much thought and talk with instructors, divers, agency representatives, dive operators and reading a lot of books, articles, forum posts, etc in the matter, I come to realize that the decision or “choice” was made a long time ago, but I wasn’t acting on it, because “I didn’t understand” that choice.
    Now finally I understand that I want to dive CCR and that “Understanding” is my call for action. The unit have been chosen a Megalodon COPIS 2, a manual unit that would allow me to be in direct control of the operation and to be able to grow in the future.
    The money was wired and the actions to set up the training are in progress as I write this post.
    For now back to reading and count the days for receiving the unit and training.
    See you all underwater....
    Jesus

RBW Member colinj is on a distinguished road colinj is on a distinguished road colinj's Avatar

Re: "We can never see past the choices we don't understand"

The first step of a long journey, congrats on the choice and nicely put too!

Regards, Colinj

Shearwater Copis Diver Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy's Avatar
    Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

Congrats! this reminds me of something I read in the Oxy hacker's guide about blending which I think also relates to rebreather diving for some of us ... many of us hem and haw about this decision for a very long time, thinking what we are lacking is knowledge of the right choice when in reality what we are really seeking on some deep level is "permission", and ultimately from ourselves. Once this occurs it's such a relief when you just finally jump in and begin navigating the currents. You won't know what you don't know till you begin experiencing it first hand!

g

Gill Envy

Divemaster ken chung ar is on a distinguished road ken chung ar is on a distinguished road ken chung ar's Avatar
    Inhabitant of the City of the Garden for Sharing Pleasure with Every Man and Woman, JAPAN

Quote Originally Posted by Gill Envy  View Original Post
    You won't know what you don't know till you begin experiencing it first hand!
    g
    Quote Originally Posted by jri  View Original Post
    Jesus
    Hi jri,

Congrats on your "understanding" of your decision-making process, and of course, the decision itself.

In my case, the decision was really "heaven-sent". In summer, 2002, I was watching a TV program on hammerhead sharks in Cocos Island and saw a guide diving Dolphin among hundreds of HHs. I told myself "that's IT" and started the Dolphin SCR course.

Although that decision hit me like lightening, I really did not understand how it was like to dive the rebreather in the middle of HHs. When I went dive the Dolphin in Cocos in 2006, I came to understand it finally. I moved further to dive Evolution CCR in 2007, which was simply the continuum of that decision.

ken chung ar

Nailer99 Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith's Avatar
    Megalodon

The first thing you must understand is that there IS no CCR.

Quote Originally Posted by jri  View Original Post
    Neo replied:"Are you saying I have to choose whether Trinity lives or dies? "
    and The Oracle said: "No, you've already made the choice. Now you have to understand it."

This quote from the “Matrix Reloaded” really catches the whole process about my decision to get into CCR diving.
    After much thought and talk with instructors, divers, agency representatives, dive operators and reading a lot of books, articles, forum posts, etc in the matter, I come to realize that the decision or “choice” was made a long time ago, but I wasn’t acting on it, because “I didn’t understand” that choice.
    Now finally I understand that I want to dive CCR and that “Understanding” is my call for action. The unit have been chosen a Megalodon COPIS 2, a manual unit that would allow me to be in direct control of the operation and to be able to grow in the future.
    The money was wired and the actions to set up the training are in progress as I write this post.
    For now back to reading and count the days for receiving the unit and training.
    See you all underwater....
    Jesus

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Good choice. Nice to meet you on RBW

Best regards,
    Chett. L

DOH! 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68's Avatar
    IDA72 - sorrta

Quote Originally Posted by Nailer99  View Original Post
    The first thing you must understand is that there IS no CCR.
    Nicely stated. and too add: Be the CCR

Congratulations on your new dicipline.

Cheers,
    Hunter

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

Welcome aboard. Be sure to dive with the Florida SCRUB divers once you have finished your training.

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar
    rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand

rEvoII fullsize

ccr. the sound of inevitability.
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

RBW Member jri is an unknown quantity at this point jri's Avatar
    Megalodon COPIS II

Thank you all for your comments and welcoming messages, I'll post back to let you all know how everything progress.
    Hope to dive with you guys in the future, best regards...
    Jesus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast