+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Missed Deco Stop

Death Before Discomfort nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971's Avatar
    JM Hammerhead

Missed Deco Stop

Question for the group. What will the HH computers do if, for some reason, you have to skip a stop or two, say the 100' and 90' stop. Will they lock you out or do they recompute and add it to your 80' stop?

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Re: Missed Deco Stop

Quote Originally Posted by nated1971  View Original Post
    Question for the group. What will the HH computers do if, for some reason, you have to skip a stop or two, say the 100' and 90' stop. Will they lock you out or do they recompute and add it to your 80' stop?
    While I don't remember all of the specifics of what it's doing in the background, the HH will never lock you out. I have had to push through a stop a couple times over the years with it and the computer in so many words caught up with me and continued to calc the deco to get me out of the water. It's been a while so I don't remember the exactly what it did with the stop and time.

I am sure that either Kevin J or Joe R will jump in on in what the man behind the curtain is doing...

Dive Safe...

Mark

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

I was told that it simply recalculates all the remaining stops based upon your actual profile.

John

Death Before Discomfort nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971's Avatar
    JM Hammerhead

Kevin,

Can you give "the" definitive answer on this. A buddy of mine has the HH on his short list of rigs and this was one of his big concerns. Trying to make a sale here.

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

The Hammerhead adds your Stop Time to the total deco time when your tissue compartments reach the point where a ceiling is mandated. If you violate your stop, it does not "penalize" you in the sense that it does NOT lock you out of using the unit, or give you a penalty of additional time on top of whatever time you need to decompress.

If you violate your Deco, it retains the Tissue Compartment data so it simply takes longer for you to "clear" your tissues on the surface, so any additional dive that day will have this Residual Gas time remaining.

Again, it does not lock you out.

Kevin Juergensen
    Juergensen Marine, Inc.

JM Hammerhead

Thanks Kevin, I'll make sure he sees this.

RBW Member WalterRoss is an unknown quantity at this point WalterRoss's Avatar

Kevin,

Thank you for the information on the missed stops. As an instructor trainer, I do not advocate missing stops but we all know that will happen. That is one reason I have been doing a lot of research into the electronic's side of the units. I wish your site had more information on the setpoint controllers and the deco. software you use. This will be my third CCR and I hope it will be my last purchase.

Thank you again for your response

Walter