+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Watch out! French police UW certification control!

Normal people worry me jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap's Avatar

Watch out! French police UW certification control!

Only in France...?

Scurit : Plongeurs, attention aux contrles de la gendarmerie ! - France - LCI

Don't take me wrong I'm a Francophile, but isn't this pretty amusing?

/Anders

Submerge Productions PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver's Avatar

Re: Watch out! French police UW certification control!

Quote Originally Posted by jaap  View Original Post
    Only in France...?

Scurit : Plongeurs, attention aux contrles de la gendarmerie ! - France - LCI

Don't take me wrong I'm a Francophile, but isn't this pretty amusing?

/Anders
    Yep, only in France. Next step is to breathalize (sp?) under water.

Casual Sport Kiss Pilot RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut's Avatar
    Sport Kiss

That is funny. I like the part where the police diver holds up a sign underwater.

Richie Burr diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

I don't speak French, but I can only imagine what's going on here... How about an explanation in English to confirm...

Thanks,

Richie

Submerge Productions PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver's Avatar

About the underwater cop. He asked the divers to write their name on the slate. Later the names/depths were checked against the diver's certificates (depth limits). They also did complete checks on the dive operators (safety procedures, licenses, ...)

Dive Deep and Dive Long Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf's Avatar
    rEvo

So France is the first nation with true PADI police. That is hilarious. I would love to know the ordinances that are being used to enforce that.

So Cal Tech Diver aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie's Avatar
    Meg

Inspo (when it works)

Yet another reason to avoid France...
    Andrew Ainslie

Buhlmann = Bend and Mend
    VPM/RGBM = Mend and Bend
    GF 35-50/70-85 = Mend and Mend

RBW Member Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge's Avatar
    rEvo II

Evolution

No, it's cool. The surface police guy's name is Serge.

RBW Member Paua is an unknown quantity at this point Paua's Avatar

Cool Re: Watch out! French police UW certification control!

From what I understood the cops were checking the dive tour operators and making sure they were not putting their clients at risk by allowing them to dive beyond the limits of their certification.

What would Jaques Costeau have been able to achieve if they had been that anal when he started out?

I saw this on a T shirt in Europe recently

EURO HEAVEN
    The cops are English
    The cooks are French
    The lovers are Italian and
    Its all organised by the Germans

EURO HELL
    The cops are French
    The cooks are English
    The lovers are German and
    Its all organised by the Italians

Cheers,

Paua

Normal people worry me jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paua  View Original Post
    From what I understood the cops were checking the dive tour operators and making sure they were not putting their clients at risk by allowing them to dive beyond the limits of their certification.

What would Jaques Costeau have been able to achieve if they had been that anal when he started out?

I saw this on a T shirt in Europe recently

EURO HEAVEN
    The cops are English
    The cooks are French
    The lovers are Italian and
    Its all organised by the Germans

EURO HELL
    The cops are French
    The cooks are English
    The lovers are German and
    Its all organised by the Italians

Cheers,