+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Dives 5 & 6 BOV repairs and rEvo full flood

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Re: Dives 5 & 6 BOV repairs and rEvo full flood

Quote Originally Posted by sea2summit  View Original Post
    I don’t understand the issue here. He posted the results of a “test” that we can all learn from if nothing else it reinforces what I was taught about how the unit reacts to water and what’s going to happen. I’d rather have it posted in a real dive format than a slideshow during class. Good reminders and allows visualization of the dive/problem which would reduce stress should I/we ever find ourselves in this situation when it isn't a test. It doesn’t encourage me at all to not turn a dive or to push through a problem but does give confidence in the training and drills I do have.

Perhaps if I had presented it more formally it wouldn't have got such a reaction from Dave.

I try to write entertaining trip reports and therefore the whole thing could read as flippant and irresponsible

Dave's criticism offers a balance and also forced more detailed explanation. Ultimately we will disagree on whether or not such testing is worth the risk. It likely we will disagree on the evaluation of the level of risk I was exposed to as well. That said he has raised good issues even if his second post was a little derogatory.

Daves problem is he's only ever dived a KISS. In all the time I owned a KISS I suffered one single flood due to a cut in the mouthpiece. Appart from that it was faultless.

We need to get him on to an Inspo so he can suffer a few failures

ATB

Mark

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar

Mark, you Dangerous Fool, go and sit on the naughty step and play with your ball bearings.

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Mdemon  View Original Post
    Mark, you Dangerous Fool, go and sit on the naughty step and play with your ball bearings.

That's how he got himself inverted in the first place...

Kevin.

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Mdemon  View Original Post

Sadly I broke one. If you have seen the other one id very much apreciate it back :D

ATB

Mark