+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CCR Normoxic Diver training

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

CCR Normoxic Diver training

Well, it is official. I will no longer be a cowboy deep diver. I have started my CCR Normoxic Diver training.

Let me tell you something first. I was one of the students doing a rEvo crossover when Mel Clark needed students to do the CCR Instructor training for Peter Sotis. I was under the impression that since he had already been in the water with me and knew that I was capable of doing the basic drills that somehow it might be a walk in the park for me, at least until we reached some new stuff. Damn, was I wrong. I had to demonstrate ALL of the drills and if there was a bit of error, confusion, or lack of vis by him, then it was done again until he was happy with my performance. He did prompt me to try a new way of doffing and donning the unit underwater and to my surprise it also worked very well. I was taught some new drills for bottle swapping that were entirely new to me and now make a great deal of sense. Obviously I need more practice at this, but I am coming around.

Peter is the type of instructor that does not just tell you "No, that is not right" but rather "Explain to me why you say/do that". He does not have a closed mind at all and is very easy to learn from. He will not let you slide with wrong info or bad abilities though. When there is something that doesn't seem to get through to me, he will take the time to explain in several ways until I truly understand and can then explain it to him. It is my opinion that he cares greatly for the student and truly has their best interest at heart.

Up to this point, I have only done some classroom work and some pool time. I can see that this course will definitely be a challenge and that my skills need to be top notch for Peter to let me take the next step.

Next up will be a shallow open water dive and I am sure that the drills will be getting tougher and tougher. I am a bit nervous and still very excited to proceed.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

Re: CCR Normoxic Diver training

Don't worry all you charter boat operators, private boat operators and potential deeper diving buddies of Mr. Six. you will never be exposed to the Six man and his many "adventures" on his potential deeper dives. SFLDiver and myself have scheduled a conference call with Peter. We are going to put a stop to this madness right now!

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar
    rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand

rEvoII fullsize

oh the humanities!
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by swadiver  View Original Post
    Don't worry all you charter boat operators, private boat operators and potential deeper diving buddies of Mr. Six. you will never be exposed to the Six man and his many "adventures" on his potential deeper dives. SFLDiver and myself have scheduled a conference call with Peter. We are going to put a stop to this madness right now!
    Jeff, we can no longer keep silent regarding this matter, we have a moral responsibility to send out the SOS to ensure an immediate stop this insanity!!!

The way I see it, Don's deception is on a scale much larger in magnitude than the one recently pulled off by Bernard Madoff!

What's next, they're going to give Don a license to practice air traffic control???

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by sfldiver  View Original Post
    Jeff, we can no longer keep silent regarding this matter, we have a moral responsibility to send out the SOS to ensure an immediate stop this insanity!!!

The way I see it, Don's deception is on a scale much larger in magnitude than the one recently pulled off by Bernard Madoff!

What's next, they're going to give Don a license to practice air traffic control???
    If swadiver can fly a plane, then I am certainly more than competent enough to tell him where to go and what to do.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

CCR Diva scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt's Avatar
    meg & rEvo

inspo, optima, KISS, submatix

yea baby give him hell Peter!!
    oh sorry i mean dont pick on Don!!
    mel

RBW Member tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris's Avatar
    Evolution, Side-mount Meg

Meg

No good training goes unpunished. Hang in there Don.

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    If swadiver can fly a plane, then I am certainly more than competent enough to tell him where to go and what to do.
    Don, it sounds to me like you're dangerously treading on Mrs. SWADIVER's turf, and believe me, you reeeeally don't want to have to contend with the wrath of an angry French woman - remember Marie Antoinette???

rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Even with the attempt of my buddies to throw me under the proverbial bus, I did my first 2 ocean dives with Peter today.

I think that Peter let me slide a little bit when I missed something on my checklist and He pointed it out to me. Nothing important at all or even worth mentioning, but I may as well fess up and tell. I didn't have my Dil on. I will probably beat myself up over this much more than Peter will.

I am a little upset with my 1-5 drills. I was awesome with them for my optima training. I was equally awesome with them for my rEvo crossover. Now with a new course, I am not keeping things straight. It is not that I am doing anything terribly wrong or dangerous. It is just that rather than doing textbook actions, I tend to do real world actions. I do not get excited and immediately bailout or do a dill flush unless it is a major FUBAR. I think and then react to the issue at hand. Peter did not hesitate to let me know the error of my ways after a long and in depth discussion.

The dives in themselves were great and quite enjoyable. With the possible exception of the sand dive from missing the wreck. It turned out to be a chance to do some real world tank swaps while swimming against the current.

I shot a bag from depth on both dives. I think Peter got a good laugh from my method of doing it, but it works for me.

I am also learning some very interestring things about BO gas volumns and deco times as part of my studies. Some of this is way beyond what I can find in the study books and is stuff that Peter has learned personally as he has been diving. It is great to get some of this incite.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast