+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Sidemount rebreather called Syphon

  1. #11
    Want's to go silent..... jools has a little shameless behaviour in the past jools's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    36
    Gonna build it

    Re: Sidemount rebreather called Syphon

    Time to resurect a 2.5 year old thread...

    The original design here is the one I had come up with in my head but instead of electronic I am just going to have a needle valve or leaky valve....

    So, did you ever get this off the ground, did it work, what issues did you come up with?

    Jools

  2. #12
    Just add ice & water plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Oulu, Finland
    Posts
    549
    O2 Apocalypse

    DIY, Inspiration Classic

    Re: Sidemount rebreather called Syphon

    Quote Originally Posted by jools  View Original Post
    Time to resurect a 2.5 year old thread...

    The original design here is the one I had come up with in my head but instead of electronic I am just going to have a needle valve or leaky valve....

    So, did you ever get this off the ground, did it work, what issues did you come up with?

    Jools
    The design has changed little bit. I bough an Apoc 2L tank that will be placed in the bottom section. One inhale counterlung is located around the neck (from one shoulder D-ring around the neck to other shoulder D-ring). I ordered material samples for the counterlung.

    I have made some designs for the electronics. O2 cells are separated and you only loose one cell if any HUD or handset cable is cut. O2 is delivered from a needle valve or KISS valve.

    Anyway this project is progressing very slow atm. until I get my CNC machine ready.

  3. #13
    RBW Member tikarttu is an unknown quantity at this point tikarttu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    26
    KISS Classic

    Re: Sidemount rebreather called Syphon

    Good luck

    TK

    Quote Originally Posted by plazma  View Original Post
    The design has changed little bit. I bough an Apoc 2L tank that will be placed in the bottom section. One inhale counterlung is located around the neck (from one shoulder D-ring around the neck to other shoulder D-ring). I ordered material samples for the counterlung.

    I have made some designs for the electronics. O2 cells are separated and you only loose one cell if any HUD or handset cable is cut. O2 is delivered from a needle valve or KISS valve.

    Anyway this project is progressing very slow atm. until I get my CNC machine ready.

  4. #14
    New Member
    donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    209

    Re: Sidemount rebreather called Syphon

    Check out the Poseidon CCR, it's not exactly as you modeled, but close.

    Don

    http://www.rebreatherworld.com/poseidon-cis-lunar-mk-vi-rebreather/

  5. #15
    Rocketman packeteer is on a distinguished road packeteer is on a distinguished road packeteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sydney, AU
    Posts
    157
    JJ-CCR

    Re: Sidemount rebreather called Syphon

    Quote Originally Posted by donlabbruzzo  View Original Post
    Check out the Poseidon CCR, it's not exactly as you modeled, but close.
    WTF are you smoking???

    the Poseidon is a recreational unit with front mounted lungs! And until they release the new firmware, you should not take it below 40m!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts