+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sidemount rebreather called Syphon

Want's to go silent..... jools has a little shameless behaviour in the past jools's Avatar
    Gonna build it

Re: Sidemount rebreather called Syphon

Time to resurect a 2.5 year old thread...

The original design here is the one I had come up with in my head but instead of electronic I am just going to have a needle valve or leaky valve....

So, did you ever get this off the ground, did it work, what issues did you come up with?

Jools

Just add ice & water plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma's Avatar
    O2 Apocalypse

DIY, Inspiration Classic

Quote Originally Posted by jools  View Original Post
    Time to resurect a 2.5 year old thread...

The original design here is the one I had come up with in my head but instead of electronic I am just going to have a needle valve or leaky valve....

So, did you ever get this off the ground, did it work, what issues did you come up with?

Jools
    The design has changed little bit. I bough an Apoc 2L tank that will be placed in the bottom section. One inhale counterlung is located around the neck (from one shoulder D-ring around the neck to other shoulder D-ring). I ordered material samples for the counterlung.

I have made some designs for the electronics. O2 cells are separated and you only loose one cell if any HUD or handset cable is cut. O2 is delivered from a needle valve or KISS valve.

Anyway this project is progressing very slow atm. until I get my CNC machine ready.

RBW Member tikarttu is an unknown quantity at this point tikarttu's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Good luck

TK

Quote Originally Posted by plazma  View Original Post
    The design has changed little bit. I bough an Apoc 2L tank that will be placed in the bottom section. One inhale counterlung is located around the neck (from one shoulder D-ring around the neck to other shoulder D-ring). I ordered material samples for the counterlung.

I have made some designs for the electronics. O2 cells are separated and you only loose one cell if any HUD or handset cable is cut. O2 is delivered from a needle valve or KISS valve.

Anyway this project is progressing very slow atm. until I get my CNC machine ready.

donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo's Avatar

Check out the Poseidon CCR, it's not exactly as you modeled, but close.

Don

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/poseidon-cis-lunar-mk-vi-rebreather/

Rocketman packeteer is on a distinguished road packeteer is on a distinguished road packeteer's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Quote Originally Posted by donlabbruzzo  View Original Post
    Check out the Poseidon CCR, it's not exactly as you modeled, but close.
    WTF are you smoking???

the Poseidon is a recreational unit with front mounted lungs! And until they release the new firmware, you should not take it below 40m!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2