+ Reply to Thread

Thread: wreck diving around Crete/Greece???

New Member barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney's Avatar

wreck diving around Crete/Greece???

I may be headed to Crete in a couple months and was looking at the possibility of extending the trip to get some dives in. Can anyone with experience diving in the region offer any recommendations for must-see wrecks? There doesn't look to be too much in Crete itself from a brief search. Ideas?

digital nomad GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM's Avatar
    Hyperion pSCR

IDA71, HomeBuilts, Ray, RGU/FM

Re: wreck diving around Crete/Greece???

Michael,

Crete is a biiiiig island. Well, the biggest in Greece anyway. :D

Let me know exactly where you are going and I may come up with some suggestions. Keep in mind however. that this is off-season for us right now. There are hardly any dive resorts still open, just the dive shops.

Water temp is around 16-17C so you'll be needing a thick wetsuit or a dry suit. Also, there is virtually no support for RBs down there.

Cheers,
    GKAM

New Member barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney's Avatar

Re: wreck diving around Crete/Greece???

Quote Originally Posted by GKAM
    Let me know exactly where you are going and I may come up with some suggestions. Keep in mind however. that this is off-season for us right now. There are hardly any dive resorts still open, just the dive shops.
    Hi-
    Thanks for the response. I am staying at Capsis Hotel at Aghia Pelaghia near Heraklion. However, I am willing to drive wherever to get a good dive in. I have heard about a German WWII wreck off the south coast that sounded interesting. Also, I heard of a wreck called the IMPERATRIX in shallow water. I would think there would be some WWII wrecks off the northwest coast near Souda Bay, but have read nothing about available options...
    Any information you can share would be most welcome - my emails to most of the dive shops have resulted in disappointing responses....