+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SAFT battery voltage

SAFT battery voltage

Just getting started using SAFT batteries and had a question.

When I measure the voltage on the bench I get 3.6V however when installed in the handset the voltage is 3.3V

Does the difference reflect the normal handset power usage?

Tom

Brent - Narked at 90
    divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit or a Camelion

and 11 others inc. a UT-240

Re: SAFT battery voltage

Quote Originally Posted by tpearcy  View Original Post

When I measure the voltage on the bench I get 3.6V however when installed in the handset the voltage is 3.3V

Tom
    I'm sure Kevin or Joe will be able to answer this much more accurately for the HH.
    The voltage of your battry at rest (with a bench meter) is of less importance than the voltage when under load. The voltage reported by controllers are usually the ones measured under load.

I had a faulty set of cells that read 3.6v on the multimeter but dropped to 1.3v under load.

Brent
    Copying skips understanding. Understanding is how you grow. You have to understand why something works or why something is how it is. When you copy it, you miss that. WWW.NARKEDAT90.COM
    www.puwer.co.uk PUWER and Machinery CE Marking www.ce-eu.com

Supporting Member DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill's Avatar
    HammerHead

Dolphin

Re: SAFT battery voltage

Quote Originally Posted by tpearcy  View Original Post

Tom
    A fresh SAFT in my HH handset reads 3.3 for a long time...
    Then 3.2 for a while, then 3.1

But the time between 3.1 and the battery alarm going off (set at 3.0) isn't too long. So if see 3.1 during a dive or when I set up the HH I put in a new set of batteries.

Typically the primary handset battery goes before the secondary, but I've just replace them as a set.

+ Reply to Thread