+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Truk Lagoon with a difference...

New Member petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

Re: Truk Lagoon with a difference...

I hear you bru!

Buy now - pay never!!

SO I can take next years deposit off your card now hah??????

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by aainslie  View Original Post
    Pete'

What's all this "saving" nonsense? Do they not have credit cards in NZ? Or are you still in "Whenwe" mode?

:)

RBW Member Cameron_R is an unknown quantity at this point Cameron_R's Avatar

Smile Re: Truk Lagoon with a difference...

Thanks for the large version

Quote Originally Posted by petemes  View Original Post
    Hi Cameron,
    It will be well worth the wait. Deeper intermediate trimix, extended range dive training is essential for the deeper wrecks.

I've done extended range training through TDI and enjoy that type of diving on OC, but I've no training/experience in Trimix.

I've just recently (like a month ago) decided to look seriously into moving into rebreather diving - mainly because it sounds like it might turn out to be the most appropriate way for me to move into Trimix diving. It's the sorts of locations and diving that this thread is all about that is the draw card for me ...

Dunno yet - hence me 'stalking' this forum ...
    Last edited by Cameron_R; 19th August 2009 at 00:31. Reason: spelling

RBW Member KiwiMagic is an unknown quantity at this point KiwiMagic's Avatar

Pete'

What's all this "saving" nonsense? Do they not have credit cards in NZ? Or are you still in "Whenwe" mode?

:)
    .... it is like talking to my wife!!!!

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Quote Originally Posted by diverchris  View Original Post
    Jean,
    These are phenomenal photos. It brings back memories when I was there in 2007. If you don't mind disclosing how much the trip was, and your camera set-up.
    Thanks
    When booking you should consider booking the trip entirely through the local operator when possible, some of them get special deals with the airlines..

Last time I went, the best airefaire from NYC I could get was over $2300 (Btw I am always elite status with continental which gives you a special booking desk), I called up lance at the THorfin and they arranged it for around $1800 for the exact flights I wanted PLUS they included an overnight at the Royal Palms (including transfers) on Guam..
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

New Member Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jradomski  View Original Post
    When booking you should consider booking the trip entirely through the local operator when possible, some of them get special deals with the airlines..
    Hi Joe,

I don't know about airline prices, but my sense is that it would be hard to top the system that Pete Mesley has put in place for a trimix trained rebreather diver who wants to experience the full range of wrecks that Truk has to offer (from shallowest to deepest). I think divers like us will always benefit from diving with a focussed group of similar divers. Operators like Thorfinn have to position the ship with all their punters in mind (although they too have some small boat capability). We were scooting all over the lagoon in the small fast boats running out of Blue Lagoon, and there was no shortage of highly experienced rebreather divers with similar goals for the dive to buddy. Add to that the logistics that Pete / Blue Lagoon had put in place (cylinders, sorb, every combo of gas you could want, Haskell etc) and it was every deep rebreather diver's dream. Inevitably we also ended up with a fantastic bunch of guys.

I'll try to figure out how to post a couple of my images later.

Regards,

Simon M

So Cal Tech Diver aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie's Avatar
    Meg

Inspo (when it works)

I'll second Simon on this. Saving a few bucks on the airline won't make up for the incredible crowd that Pete put together. It was a trouble free weekend (largely) with as much deep, long, deco diving as ANYONE could hope for. That's worth a lot in my book. Pete did two fantastic things - 1) he put together a crowd of divers that were ALL competent, thereby preventing anyone having to cut dives short because of others' incompetence/unwillingness to do big dives, and 2) he's just surprisingly well organised, given he's half Zimbabwean and half-Kiwi - a remarkably slack combination of nationalities :)

This was a GREAT 12 days of phenomenal diving.
    Andrew Ainslie

Buhlmann = Bend and Mend
    VPM/RGBM = Mend and Bend
    GF 35-50/70-85 = Mend and Mend

Nick Cunningham-Moorat scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick's Avatar
    rEvo eXpedition

Inspiration Vision, Hammerhead

I'll second Simon on this. Saving a few bucks on the airline won't make up for the incredible crowd that Pete put together. It was a trouble free weekend (largely) with as much deep, long, deco diving as ANYONE could hope for. That's worth a lot in my book. Pete did two fantastic things - 1) he put together a crowd of divers that were ALL competent, thereby preventing anyone having to cut dives short because of others' incompetence/unwillingness to do big dives, and 2) he's just surprisingly well organised, given he's half Zimbabwean and half-Kiwi - a remarkably slack combination of nationalities :)

This was a GREAT 12 days of phenomenal diving.
    Ditto.... a great trip and made all the better by Pete's management of the more difficult issues...

Cheers

Nick

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3