+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Petition for CDS Safety Awards

RBW Member billyf is an unknown quantity at this point billyf's Avatar

Petition for CDS Safety Awards

Please consider sigining the petition to remove the
    recently added requirement of membership for the CDS Safety
    Awards.

http://www.petitiononline.com/cds1/petition.html

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Re: Petition for CDS Safety Awards

Quote Originally Posted by billyf  View Original Post
    Please consider sigining the petition to remove the
    recently added requirement of membership for the CDS Safety
    Awards.

http://www.petitiononline.com/cds1/petition.html
    I havn't decided which side of the fence I'm on w/ the issue... so I have questions...

What, other than receiving a piece of paper, are you prevented from doing by not being a CDS member AND not having Abe Davis....?

AFAIK - Abe Davis is a benchmark from being allowed to dive CDS owned systems... If your not a CDS member, the issue is moot, as thats also generally a condition of access...

Train Wrecked Guppy ;) brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by netmage  View Original Post
    I havn't decided which side of the fence I'm on w/ the issue... so I have questions...

What, other than receiving a piece of paper, are you prevented from doing by not being a CDS member AND not having Abe Davis....?

AFAIK - Abe Davis is a benchmark from being allowed to dive CDS owned systems... If your not a CDS member, the issue is moot, as thats also generally a condition of access...
    Don't you have to have a Abe Davis *or* an Overhead DPV card to scooter Ginnie?
    iDeco Pro - iPhone Decompression Planning
    iDeco Pro

CK #159 caverkevin is a jewel in the rough caverkevin is a jewel in the rough caverkevin is a jewel in the rough caverkevin is a jewel in the rough caverkevin is a jewel in the rough caverkevin is a jewel in the rough caverkevin is a jewel in the rough caverkevin's Avatar
    Classic KISS

Meg

Why are you just the NSS-CDS? NACD requires $35 to get the NACD award, which is cost of membership. If your are trying to make change, why not with both orginzations?

Cheers!!

Kevin

RBW Member billyf is an unknown quantity at this point billyf's Avatar

Well for those of you who thought that allowing nonmembers to receive the safety awards because it cost the organization funds that the members paid for then maybe you will like that now nonmembers can now dive CDS Dive sites as long as they pay an Instructor, but the membership gets nothing!
    http://www.nsscds.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=518
    So if you canít tell our organization is being turned into a certification agency that will only benefit the instructors!!!!!!

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billyf  View Original Post
    Well for those of you who thought that allowing nonmembers to receive the safety awards because it cost the organization funds that the members paid for then maybe you will like that now nonmembers can now dive CDS Dive sites as long as they pay an Instructor, but the membership gets nothing!
    http://www.nsscds.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=518
    So if you canít tell our organization is being turned into a certification agency that will only benefit the instructors!!!!!!
    Can't think of a better way to expose a potential non-member to one of the most tangible benefits of membership...

And notice the word AND.... This avenue is only for class training dives. Your work choice makes it sound like suddenly all instructors can guide non-members....

I would also expect all other pertinent site conditions also apply... i.e. Abe Davis requirements, and the restrictions on what level of training can be performed at upstream Cow vs. downstream, etc...

+ Reply to Thread