+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Replacing spring in battery cap

Replacing spring in battery cap

I took the spring out of the cap to clean everything out and now I cannot get the spring back into the cap. What is the trick to winding the spring slightly so the big end will fit into the opening?

Tom

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Re: Replacing spring in battery cap

Quote Originally Posted by tpearcy  View Original Post
    I took the spring out of the cap to clean everything out and now I cannot get the spring back into the cap. What is the trick to winding the spring slightly so the big end will fit into the opening?

Tom

nothing special, just twist it in,, its normally a tight fit, turn it in the direction of the twist..
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

I finally got it to go in. After trying with great difficulty and getting nowhere, my mind wandered and while twisting absent mindedly it went in.

I guess there is a lesson there.

Go figure.

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by tpearcy  View Original Post
    I finally got it to go in. After trying with great difficulty and getting nowhere, my mind wandered and while twisting absent mindedly it went in.

I guess there is a lesson there.

Go figure.

Hey Tom,

That sounds about like me in 1975 after a Jethro Tull concert...

Kevin.

RBW Member MarkZ is a splendid one to behold MarkZ is a splendid one to behold MarkZ is a splendid one to behold MarkZ is a splendid one to behold MarkZ is a splendid one to behold MarkZ is a splendid one to behold MarkZ is a splendid one to behold MarkZ is a splendid one to behold MarkZ is a splendid one to behold MarkZ is a splendid one to behold MarkZ is a splendid one to behold MarkZ's Avatar
    Inspiration Classic

Quote Originally Posted by heyydude  View Original Post
    Hey Tom,

That sounds about like me in 1975 after a Jethro Tull concert...

Kevin.
    Duuddde,

Your telling me the concert is over! Wow, I have been standing in this ticket line forever too. Bummer man. Now I can't find any matches to keep my tapes in the 8-track working so no tunes on the way home either. Real downer day.

Mark

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

8 Track...

I remember my 8 track player in my 1957 MGA... I had Jethro Tull, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Led Zepplin, and a weird copy of "Percy Faith and His Orchestra" in there....

I still have the car, but don't know where the 8 track is!

Ahhhh..... Memories.....

Kevin.

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

8 Track...

I remember my 8 track player in my 1957 MGA... I had Jethro Tull, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Led Zepplin, and a weird copy of "Percy Faith and His Orchestra" in there....

Ahhhh..... Memories.....

Kevin.
    We need to find those exact tapes and convert them all to MP3 for our iPods.... We need the exact tapes since it would not be the same without the crappy 8-track sound...

M

King of the Geeks
    HAMMERHEAD!

Imagine me, at 17, cruising to San Pedro High School in my 1957 MGA with the top down, and Led Zepplin playing...

...except all the "cool" guys were driving Plymouth Roadrunners or Chevy Nova's with the rear ends jacked up and monster motors with Hurst shifters. Chicks would look at me and laugh at the geek in the tiny car...

...sniff....

That's why I got me a Rebreather. After that, I was "Boss of the Beach!"... Kicking sand into the faces of those Open Circuit Wussies!

(What's that song? "High School Never Ends..."?)

Kevin.

Reads fine print (mostly) Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather's Avatar
    MEGALODON MK15.5

BMR500 IDA71 IDA64 RGUFM AKA60

Imagine me, at 17, cruising to San Pedro High School in my 1957 MGA with the top down, and Led Zepplin playing...

...except all the "cool" guys were driving Plymouth Roadrunners or Chevy Nova's with the rear ends jacked up and monster motors with Hurst shifters. Chicks would look at me and laugh at the geek in the tiny car...

...sniff....

That's why I got me a Rebreather. After that, I was "Boss of the Beach!"... Kicking sand into the faces of those Open Circuit Wussies!

(What's that song? "High School Never Ends..."?)

Kevin.
    8 Track? 8 TRACK ??? I PI$$ on your modern "8 Track"!!! I still have two 4 track players in zee basement!! Much, MUCH better wow & flutter numbers! (Do the iPod children even know what 'wow & fluter' are?) Eet fit on the console of my tripower- 3 x 2 BBL carb- ragtop Olds 442 (rear end jacked almost to the ionosphere!) & was a great hit W/ girls who I would now be arrested if I even emaied, let alone actually talked to!!!! (Olds had a Hurst shifter talking to -yup- Muncie 220 close ratio 4 speed..... aww too much car geek stuff for a diving site... sorry )

(getting old[um..er] really, really bites!)

Supporting Member DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill's Avatar
    HammerHead

Dolphin

8 Track...

Ahhhh..... Memories.....

Kevin.
    I've got one in the basement at my parents house in Montana.
    I even have a case full of 8 tracks one of is Woodstock. As I recall it's multiple 8 tracks.