+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Diver Medical Technician (DMT) course - details needed

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Diver Medical Technician (DMT) course - details needed

Hi,

As most of my diving is in remote spots I was thinking about doing a Diver Medical Technician (DMT) course.

Does anyone know what the course covers, cost duration and most importantly if its taught anywhere near to Singapore.

Cheers
    Mike

Administrator ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE's Avatar

Re: Diver Medical Technician (DMT) course - details needed

Mike,

I took the course for that very reason; to be able to support a diver in DCS distress over a long period until he can be transported to a facility from the (very) remote location.

The actual curriculum will vary somewhat, based upon location and "focus". For instance, in my case, the course was given by a facility that supported the "oil patch". The emphasis was on procedures performed in a chamber, usually at the direction of a medical director on-shore.

In any case, the course will go beyond the standard ACLS curriculum, and (in no special order) offer diving related field medicine, chamber operation, gas supply problems, DCS studies, IWR, and related long-term support procedures, to name a few.

Cost varies a lot from agency to agency, and with varying location. I would contact UHMS for recommendations of courses in your area.

Rob

ANDI IT #47 andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk's Avatar
    Hammerhead, Optima and Nautilu

Hammerhead, Inspiration, Kiss

Drmike
    There is one starting on the 5th of March finishing on the 15th here in Pattaya Thailand. The cost of the course is $1500 U.S. The agency offering this is DDRC out of England. The cost actually went up $300 dollars from the last one. I was considering this one but since the price went up I may just go to Adelaid Australia and do it there. The course in Austalia is a 3 week course and is one the best courses around from what I hear. By the way the $$$ arrived. Thanks.

andibk

Curmudgeon babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drmike
    Hi,

As most of my diving is in remote spots I was thinking about doing a Diver Medical Technician (DMT) course.

Does anyone know what the course covers, cost duration and most importantly if its taught anywhere near to Singapore.

Cheers
    Mike
    As a Dr, why not take a hyperbaric medicine course? DAN offers them fairly frequently, in different locations. Or are you looking more for info about prehospital care? We (Long Beach, California) have one coming up in May, but it's a long way from Singapore.

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babar
    As a Dr
    Mike has a PhD, and is not a MD.

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie
    Mike has a PhD, and is not a MD.
    I do have a lovely bedside manner though :D

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

I will verify with my "sources" at Orchard Tower... ;)

Southern Monkey Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon's Avatar

I was not impressed with your "galley table side" manner when the remains of my toe nail needed ripping off :D

P.S. it is growing back now:)

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbon
    I was not impressed with your "galley table side" manner when the remains of my toe nail needed ripping off :D

P.S. it is growing back now:)

Thats because you dont look like a girl from Orchard Towers.....well perhaps you do look like some of the taller ones :D

Flaccid Member abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie's Avatar
    Dammit I bought another KISS

CK, SK, Satori, ManBagOD

Hi,

Cheers
    Mike
    The one done at The Royal Adelaide Hospital in Australia is well reputed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast