+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: D.A.N. America Warning!

RBW Member Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck's Avatar
    Dolphin

Re: D.A.N. America Warning!

Cozumel has two chambers-
    Christi an owner operator in Cozumel recommended the following-

"recommend and use Dr. Piccolo. His chamber is at San Miguel Hospital on Calle 6 North between Av. 5 and Av. 10. He has been practicing hyperbaric medicine in Cozumel for over 20 years. His wife Heidi is an RN who has also been working in hyperbaric medicine for about 15 years."

For full thread on Cozmel scubaboard section.
    http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=125055

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by ROB DAVIE
    According to my conversation with Mr. Orr, the three problem locations are Nassau, Cancun, and Cabo San Luc. The others all accept DAN insurance directly.
    Last edited by Crazyduck; 11th January 2006 at 18:24. Reason: Spelling Affication 9)

Administrator ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE's Avatar

Okay folks, here is the latest from DAN:

On Jan. 11, DAN received the following announcement from the SSS USA Corporate Offices:
    SSS USA CORPORATE OFFICE WILL ACCEPT DAN INSURANCE

DATE: January 10, 2006
    TO: SSS Recompression Chamber Network Affiliates & General Public
    FROM: Quantum Processing Services Co, Ltd. SSS USA Corporate Office.
    RE: DIVER ALERT NETWORK DIVE INSURANCE
    We would like to inform all that the facilities as listed below will continue to accept Divers Alert Network (DAN) America Insurance. Our facilities are open and ready to treat any dive medical illness. These facilities are under new ownership; however, we are still dedicated to provide the best service possible. For any inquiries, please contact insuranceqt@sssnetwork.com.
    Buceo Medico Mexicano
    COZUMEL
    Cozumel, Q. Roo, Mexico
    Ph: 52.987.872.1430
    Fax: 52.987.872.1848
    PLAYA DEL CARMEN
    Playa Del Carmen
    Q. Roo, Mexico
    Ph: 52.984.873.1365
    Fax: 52.984.873.1755
    Protesub, S.A.
    GALAPAGOS
    Galapagos, Ecuador
    Ph/Fax: 593.52.526.911
    Subaquatic Services of Belize, Ltd.
    Ambergris Caye, Belize
    Ph: 501.226.2851
    Fax: 501-226.2852
    Hyperbaric Services of Thailand, Ltd.
    PHUKET
    Phuket, Thailand
    Ph: 66.76.342.518
    Fax: 66.76.345.051
    KOH SAMUI
    Koh Samui, Thailand
    Ph: 66.77.427.427
    Fax: 66.77.427.377
    KRABI
    Krabi, Thailand
    Ph: 66.75.695.275
    KOH TAO
    Koh, Tao, Thailand
    Ph/Fax: 66.77.456.572
    KHAO LAK
    Khaolak, Thailand
    Ph: 66.76.423.812
    Fax: 66.76.423.813

PRISM DIVER & LUVIN IT! dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000's Avatar

I am a little lost in the Thread. Is everything okay? Is DAN excepted at all chambers or are there still chambers that are boycotting DAN

Bubbless Box of Death Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis's Avatar

Ok, I'm lost here too.....

Is the dispute settled?

Administrator ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE's Avatar

Folks,

(1) The dispute is NOT settled.

(2) There are AFAIK only three chambers that will NOT directly accept DAN insurance as a condition for services up-front. These are AFAIK Nassau, Cancun, and Cabo San Luc.

Rob

Bubbless Box of Death Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis's Avatar

Yeah, but that doesn't really settle anything; if a chamber will take the card up front but still try to bill you back for more than DAN pays, I'd say the problem exists even with the other chambers - its just more severe with those three......

New Member mothball is an unknown quantity at this point mothball's Avatar

Ok, so, out of this new list, is the bill 100% covered by DAN or is that only a down payment? This whole thread really scares the hell outta me. I just can't imagine getting bent and having doctors, lawyers and insurance people discussing my situation while I'm slowly dying in the emergency waiting area. I'm sure they won't be moving very fast on my behalf either. I have always dove safely within my training and my personal comfort limits, but talk like this makes me stop and think. Insurance is like a pony bottle or bailout system, it is there to back you up when or even if your main system fails. It's there just in case. Would you dive with 50 PSI in your bailout bottle? Or have a regulator on your bailout system that hasn't been serviced in years? I think not. Insurance IS a part of our back up or bailout system. Although I hope none of us ever gets into such a dire situation, we still NEED to have those back ups and we NEED to know that those systems WILL work if needed. Sorry if I have come off too emotional or if I've preached to the choir, but I just have to get that off my chest. Hopefully this will get ironed out soon and very decisively, with very little or better yet absolutely no questions about how situations WILL be handled. Semper Fi Dave

Banned jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont's Avatar
    Revo3 RMS, Revo3 Micro FT, MEG

HH, YBOD, Drager, MK, etc.

I have some experience with insurance and medicine, IN THE USA ONLY, so anything I say applies to the USA ONLY!!

1) DEFINE CUSTOMARY COSTS????? understand that what an insurance company says is customary DOES NOT MEAN it is customary in 2006, in the medical field insurance companies are known for paying on 10 and in some cases 20 year old scales!!! no wonder most of us in the USA get such bad care, insurance companies act out of self interest as ALL for profit businesses should.

2) No business or doctor (private practice) MUST take your insurance, in fact they have NO contractual obligation to the insurance company, thats the patients problem and responsibility.

3) Patients are ALWAYS responsible for there bills, if the insurance company doesn't pay, the patient should (there is a contractual obligation for the patient to pay the doctor) the doctor isn't a collection agency and has NO obligation to chase the patients insurance company.

4) It is Illegal ( a serious crime) for any Hospital or PUBLIC facility to refuse medical treatment in the case of a medical emergency. Deco sickness is certainly an emergency.

All that being said I have DAN ins. and luckily I have never had a problem (knock on wood) but is always nice to have options it gives people and businesses a means of comparison and piece of mind

But

To trust ANYTHING an insurance company says without ALL of the facts is just STUPID

Don't get bent....

J

Banned jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont's Avatar
    Revo3 RMS, Revo3 Micro FT, MEG

HH, YBOD, Drager, MK, etc.

To be completely fair we can look at this from an economic point of view. For arguments sake lets say the the avg. cost of treatment was $ 1000.00 US 10 years ago. At 3% increases every year (inflation, time value of money, increase labor, power etc. costs, bla , bla , bla

today the same treatment would cost about $ 1400.00 and 3% doesn't cover actual expense increases.

I don't know of a single insurance company that increases its payout to keep up with the increase costs associated with doing business, and whats really funny is that insurance companies increase the premiums we have to pay to combat increasing costs associated with doing business!!!

What Balls

j

RBW Member leadking is on a distinguished road leadking is on a distinguished road leadking's Avatar

Just to have everyone know what DAN is paying!

The cost of a chamber ride is between $500-900 an hour with a USN table VI
    being 5 hours.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast