+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: D.A.N. America Warning!

Casual Sport Kiss Pilot RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut's Avatar
    Sport Kiss

Re: D.A.N. America Warning!

Interesting point you have there. That sure would be nice topic to be brought up during the DAN conference. Maybe some guys/gals who are going can inquire about this.

my 2 cents,

RBN

PROTEC MEXICO mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico's Avatar

yo

Unfortunatly this has happend before to us here in Mexico, Playa del Carmen. Some time ago ( a year or two ) we where notified by the operator of the chamber that they will not longer accept DAN insurance but that we had to pay. I then heard it was due to an issue between DAN and the chamber, payments and policy.

Hyperbaric chambers do at times quite some unnececcary rides to questionable divers in order to charge the insurance and making money. Big Buiz !!

As this happend some years back to us I went to DEMA and talked to the DAN staff on the booth and they where saying basicly to shut up and not to badmouth DAN and it system, that it was unthinkable such thing was happening.

So was I believeing it was unthinkable that chambers flying the DAN banner where not accepting DAN insurance, forcing stricken divers to come up with a lot of green = $ 1000 usd or a credit card before letting them into the chamber.

I found it back then to be outragous for a insureer with such public presence to act like that and not be able to control the local chambers, to play dumb and be the shit in the pond.

We here in Playa have since then experienced a change in ownership of the chamber and things have changed , as I hear. I personally as well as my store are very sceptiacal about the system and do not pupport our local chamber.

I feel very sour and sorry about this. Apparently money talks ....

Matt
    N 20' 37.617'
    W 87' 04.693'

RBW Member critidoc is an unknown quantity at this point critidoc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hancock  View Original Post
    I recently made a claim to DAN that I feel is very relevant to my CCR diving. I have suffered hyperoxia induced myopia from (HIM). DAN has refused to make any compensation saying that my malady is unrelated to diving. They don't know that. You can see some of my other postings on the O2 thread regarding this. I'm very disappointed that DAN refuses to cover an injury that is so relevant to our CCR / constant PPO2 diving.
    Your Hyperbaric oxygen induced myopia should resolve on it's own after diving. it is usually temporary, that is probably the real reason behind their denial

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

I'm guessing Genesis has had many a "holly crusade" in the 6.5 years since his post. These responses to ancient threads can get pretty funny at times. Although there was one recently asking what happened to the Apoc.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

So Cal Tech Diver aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie's Avatar
    Meg

Inspo (when it works)

I love it when new users come on, search around on topics, then reply to a thread without checking how old it is.

Critidoc, I suspect that 6 years has indeed allowed his myopia to resolve... only to be replaced by presbyopia given his current age...
    Andrew Ainslie

Buhlmann = Bend and Mend
    VPM/RGBM = Mend and Bend
    GF 35-50/70-85 = Mend and Mend

On the fence hound has a spectacular aura about hound has a spectacular aura about hound has a spectacular aura about hound has a spectacular aura about hound has a spectacular aura about hound has a spectacular aura about hound's Avatar
    KISS / Meg

I don't think I've read many threads here for two years. I love that I can log in after that spell and there is an ancient DAN sucks thread and a GUE/George Irvine thread at the top of the list. Things are right with the universe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6