+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Diving Titan

Owner
    PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis's Avatar
    Revo,Optima, Prism, Meg, Pos 7

Kiss,Evo, Sentinel,Pathfinder,

Diving Titan

After three years of testing and modifications the Titan CCR is being released for sale. I have been diving the latest version for about 2 months now and have enjoyed it a great deal. The unit is easy to put together, its extremely light and compact and seems to breath well. The new manual addition/offboard addition is an outstandind design and very easy to use. Currently using micropore cartridges it will also have an optional radial "packable" scrubber in the future so you will be able to dive both; depending on your preference or location. Weighing only 28lbs without cartridge and coming with its own backpack its a pleasure to travel with as you can wear the backpack with your CCR in it and store it in an overhead bin on the plane. Electronically controlled and trimix, deco ready there are no "training wheels" on this unit to speak of. I'm sure we will be seeing a lot of Titan's diving in the near future.

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar
    rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand

rEvoII fullsize

Re: Diving Titan

can you direct us to pictures of the final version??

i saw this unit at innerspace in 08 and was impressed, would lke to see what made the final cut, as are others im sure.
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

Banned Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn's Avatar
    Apoc

Drager

Quote Originally Posted by addhelium  View Original Post
    Currently using micropore cartridges it will also have an optional radial "packable" scrubber in the future so you will be able to dive both; depending on your preference or location.
    Do you have further details of the Optional radial 'packable' scrubber?

Is it a direct swap in replacement for the 5" EAC or does it require an alternative scrubber assembly?

What are the test results (WOB & Duration) of the optional scrubber as opposed to the EAC?

Regards
    Brad

CEO DiveNav, Inc. DiveNav will become famous soon enough DiveNav will become famous soon enough DiveNav will become famous soon enough DiveNav will become famous soon enough DiveNav's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kybrt  View Original Post
    can you direct us to pictures of the final version??

i saw this unit at innerspace in 08 and was impressed, would lke to see what made the final cut, as are others im sure.

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Quote Originally Posted by addhelium  View Original Post
    After three years of testing and modifications the Titan CCR is being released for sale. I have been diving the latest version for about 2 months now and have enjoyed it a great deal. The unit is easy to put together, its extremely light and compact and seems to breath well. The new manual addition/offboard addition is an outstandind design and very easy to use. Currently using micropore cartridges it will also have an optional radial "packable" scrubber in the future so you will be able to dive both; depending on your preference or location. Weighing only 28lbs without cartridge and coming with its own backpack its a pleasure to travel with as you can wear the backpack with your CCR in it and store it in an overhead bin on the plane. Electronically controlled and trimix, deco ready there are no "training wheels" on this unit to speak of. I'm sure we will be seeing a lot of Titan's diving in the near future.
    So what's the value proposition ?

• eCCR (Custom electronics ? Two handsets ? Batteries ? Where is the intelligence ? Deco ? 3rd party computer integration via HardWired or Fisher)
    • EAC (O2ptima standard ones or the upcoming new APOC sized one) ?
    • BMCL or OTS?
    • Transportable, low profile
    • Outboard gas capability ?
    • BOV ?
    • O2 sensors ? 3 ? 4 ?
    • Cylinders options ?

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Quote Originally Posted by edasque  View Original Post
    So what's the value proposition ?

• eCCR (Custom electronics ? Two handsets ? Batteries ? Where is the intelligence ? Deco ? 3rd party computer integration via HardWired or Fisher)
    • EAC (O2ptima standard ones or the upcoming new APOC sized one) ?
    • BMCL or OTS?
    • Transportable, low profile
    • Outboard gas capability ?
    • BOV ?
    • O2 sensors ? 3 ? 4 ?
    • Cylinders options ?
    Google is your friend- Titan CCR

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

I had seen the page but since the manufacturer is on this forum, I thought it'd be a great opportunity for him to describe the value proposition of this rebreather.

Why is it better than an O2ptima for example ? They share a lot of characteristics and the main difference I can see is the BCML.

Also, a lot of my questions are not covered in this data-sheet.

In my business, manufacturers tell you what the value proposition of a product is. I'd love to know what it is for the Titan, the Nautilus, the OMS rebreather, the ISC Pathfinder, ...

Phil Siswick, Tango PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

APD Inspiration, Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Field  View Original Post
    Google is your friend- Titan CCR
    There's not a huge amount more information there either!

Johnny The Hatch Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad's Avatar
    CCR2000, Megalodon, Homebuilt

Norge, FGT, mk15, KISS, Inspo

I had seen the page but since the manufacturer is on this forum, I thought it'd be a great opportunity for him to describe the value proposition of this rebreather.

Why is it better than an O2ptima for example ? They share a lot of characteristics and the main difference I can see is the BCML.

Also, a lot of my questions are not covered in this data-sheet.

In my business, manufacturers tell you what the value proposition of a product is. I'd love to know what it is for the Titan, the Nautilus, the OMS rebreather, the ISC Pathfinder, ...
    From what i know, Thomar is not on this forum!

Here is a pic of me with the Titan.
    Attached Images

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

, the OMS rebreather,, ...
    Damnit Eric - I thought you got this already......

It's orange.....!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast