+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Human v Unit Maintenance

Confectioner to N@90 Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou's Avatar

Question Human v Unit Maintenance

Picking this up from another post which raised the issue of diver fitness and with the New Year just behind us and many people making promises of getting fit and healthy it would be interesting to know how we approach our own lifestyles with regards to our chosen 'sport'.

As was highlighted elsewhere we are meticulous in maintaining our units and making sure that they give optimal performance as life-supporting equipment - but so is our body, why don't we look after it with the same attention to detail.

So I ask you...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim
    So many of us are 'anal' about the maintenance of the unit but not the person who will be diving it... what's all that about?
    Discuss :)

This is in no way examining the events of what has happened as discussed in the thread, but is to gauge an idea of how we look after ourselves.

Classic Kiss diver Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty's Avatar
    Classic Kiss 165

Re: Human v Unit Maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by Louby Lou
    but so is our body, why don't we look after it with the same attention to detail.
    Harder to get a service manual :D

Team Torrent Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken's Avatar

Cameron Martz has an excellent fitness book catered to divers. I purchased an online copy and have been using it.

http://www.divefitness.com/

I've always mainted a cardio and muscule building regime, but now have a standard to refer to. As a New Year's resolution I have cut back on some food items that do me zero good as a diver.

White Bread
    Soft Drinks

Wish I could stop chocolate though. :p

Custom Title Allowed! Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Louby Lou
    Picking this up from another post which raised the issue of diver fitness and with the New Year just behind us and many people making promises of getting fit and healthy it would be interesting to know how we approach our own lifestyles with regards to our chosen 'sport'.

As was highlighted elsewhere we are meticulous in maintaining our units and making sure that they give optimal performance as life-supporting equipment - but so is our body, why don't we look after it with the same attention to detail.

So I ask you...

Discuss :)

This is in no way examining the events of what has happened as discussed in the thread, but is to gauge an idea of how we look after ourselves.
    Wow these are wise words

some things to do to diet

Mr Cheesebox edster will become famous soon enough edster will become famous soon enough edster will become famous soon enough edster's Avatar

This year has started off well with getting back on my bike, as Mr Tebbit would recommend! So hopefully I will be doing a few endurance events this year like I used to, rather than working on a getting a heart attack. Drinking a little less 'pop' might help too!

cheers

Ed

Resident Selkie hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat's Avatar
    Megladon

I think it's extremely important to maintain a reasonable level of physical fitness for diving. To that end I lift weights 3 days a week, do cardio 3-5 (depending on my schedule), and try to eat (mostly) healthy. I think the key is to set reachable goals, and to remember that we have to balance time spent in the gym, etc with the rest of our (busy) lives.

Cameron Martz's book is excellent. I had the honor reading the pre-release version for comment- and I would highly recommend it.

Heather

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar

I use the stairs and not the lift (elevator)
    I generally go for a walk round town at lunch time.

Other than that I do nothing

Rreally I should do more

RBW Member James Appel is an unknown quantity at this point James Appel's Avatar

I started diving in 1968, I had the body of a Greek god then. Now I just started CCR diving in 2005 and I am ashamed at how far I have let it go (55 now).
    I go to the gym at least 4 times a week and mostly fail on my eating habits (mmm chocolate.. mmmm chips).
    After reading some of the posts here and in other forums I have come to the conclusion that I'm going to DIE!!

Guess I had better get serious, no more cheating, I'm not getting any younger and I'm not giving up diving.

Made in England. Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk.'s Avatar
    Viale C.Colombo 75 Marina di Carrara. MS 54036 Italy

:D

RBW Member Nicholas von Rosen is an unknown quantity at this point Nicholas von Rosen's Avatar

Stoped drinking Coke

Stoped eating sweets

Started eating more healthy

Lost 14 kg until now... - will keep up until I reach 30-35 kg...:D

Nick

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast