+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Most powerful HID torch in mass production

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Re: Most powerful HID torch in mass production

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiMagic  View Original Post
    Just thought I would look at the video. Great footage. Am I just the only one impressed with the divers effortless bouyancy control?
    The diver is Brian Kukak. He lives on Abaco and does alot of exploration of the cave systems. A great guy and if you ever want training in Cave, CCR or just dive the incredible caves in Abaco he is the guy to talk too.

Here is his website.

http://www.bahamasunderground.com/

John

RBW Member Joshua is an unknown quantity at this point Joshua's Avatar

Hi, I think that the TillyTec HID-45 is the most powerfull Dive-torch in the world (I bought one) I also tried a LED 2000 !! This is the most powerfull LED-divetorch in the world!! Next time I certainly buy an LED-torch!! 50.000 burning-hours!!!

I bought the TillyTec-torch at: marlin-ae.nl or email: marlin-ae@online.nl ask for Marcel!! Nice guy with good service. He told me that he will ship to every country in the world!!!!

Grz,

Joshua

Supporting Member kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone's Avatar
    Classic Kiss Hammerhead

Sport Kiss Hammerhead

Geez John you are diving everywhere!
    that footage was great
    oh yeah nice light!

No its always that colour the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler's Avatar

Some of you lads would be handy on deep wreck dives get you to stay 30m above the wreck light up the hole place

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Dinspiration  View Original Post
    Hi

TillyTec HID45 is an extreme powerful HID!

DINspiration
    I have just ordered 2 new TillyTec LED2000 lights with the wide angle deflector which they state are brighter than the HID45........And with a massive burn time.

I guess I will find out when they arrive just how good they really are!!

Regards,

Lance

RBW Member Dinspiration is a jewel in the rough Dinspiration is a jewel in the rough Dinspiration is a jewel in the rough Dinspiration is a jewel in the rough Dinspiration is a jewel in the rough Dinspiration is a jewel in the rough Dinspiration is a jewel in the rough Dinspiration's Avatar

Hi Lance

At the moment the TillyTec LED 2000 is sold like crazy here in Switzerland. Which version did you order the regular LED 2000 or the special LED 2000 Video? - What do you mean with wide angle deflector??

I have a review about the LED 2000 VIDEO on my homepage (sorry the review is in German). But the review includes a lot of pictures with a 1:1 comparison of the HID 45 Flood and the new LED 2000 Video.

DINspiration
    Last edited by Dinspiration; 29th July 2009 at 19:02.

RBW Member Carls will become famous soon enough Carls will become famous soon enough Carls will become famous soon enough Carls will become famous soon enough Carls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kieranu  View Original Post
    A dive buddy and I were having a bit of a discussion last weekend. He reckoned there are 100W+ HIDs in general use out there for video lights etc whereas I reckon these are actually lower-powered lights with an equivalent rating to a 100W+ Halogen. So, my question is, what is the most powerful HID (not LED or Halogen) in general production (I am sure there will be quite powerful options available if you are getting them custom made at a major premium)?

The most powerful HID I've been able to dig up is the Greenforce HID 250 which is in reality a 35W HID or more relevantly 2000 lumens. I believe Salvo may have made something similar and this will continue with Leviathan. Anything brighter available out there in HID?
    Sartek has custom made 150 watt HID (9600 lumens) focusable dive lights with a goodman handle and 2+ hours of burntime. They are the same as our HID150 video light except they use a double ended lamp in order to achieve the tight focus with the goodman reflector.
    Regards, Carl

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Dinspiration  View Original Post
    Hi Lance

At the moment the TillyTec LED 2000 is sold like crazy here in Switzerland. Which version did you order the regular LED 2000 or the special LED 2000 Video? - What do you mean with wide angle deflector??

I have a review about the LED 2000 VIDEO on my homepage (sorry the review is in German). But the review includes a lot of pictures with a 1:1 comparison of the HID 45 Flood and the new LED 2000 Video.

DINspiration
    Hi Dinspiration,

I have ordered the Video Version because that will be my use for them.

The difference is the beam angle.....The dive light is a narrow fixed point beam and the video version is a wide angle beam.

Regards,

Lance

RBW Member Dinspiration is a jewel in the rough Dinspiration is a jewel in the rough Dinspiration is a jewel in the rough Dinspiration is a jewel in the rough Dinspiration is a jewel in the rough Dinspiration is a jewel in the rough Dinspiration is a jewel in the rough Dinspiration's Avatar

Hi Lance

You will be impressed by light power of the LED 2000 Video and also the beam angle is huge. The person that did the test dives and wrote the review swiched over from HID 45 Flood to LED 2000 Video after the first test dive.

Kind regards

DINspiration

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2