+ Reply to Thread

Thread: South Carolina Diving

Lee Thompson dragerdiver is an unknown quantity at this point dragerdiver's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

Dolphin, Ray

South Carolina Diving

I will be vacationing in myrtle beach in a couple of weeks, is there any beach diving in that area, and what kind of laws are in the area.
    Thanks
    Lee

Ryan Battles battles2a5 has a spectacular aura about battles2a5 has a spectacular aura about battles2a5 has a spectacular aura about battles2a5 has a spectacular aura about battles2a5 has a spectacular aura about battles2a5's Avatar
    rEvo II mini

Re: South Carolina Diving

Quote Originally Posted by dragerdiver  View Original Post
    I will be vacationing in myrtle beach in a couple of weeks, is there any beach diving in that area, and what kind of laws are in the area.
    Thanks
    Lee
    Lee,

There is excellent diving out of Myrtle Beach. I don't know about any shore diving, but the offshore wreck diving is where its at. We go out with Express Watersports a lot (just south of MB in Murrells Inlet). They usually park on one wreck per day, which means technical diving and extended profiles while the single-tankers do 2 dives. We are going out on Aug 8/9 to the Hebe and Vermillion. Most of the better wrecks are 2-3hrs offshore. Expect unpredictable seas, currents, and moderate to excellent vis. I would book a few days in case you get blown out. There are a couple rebreather divers at the beach and within driving distance if you are looking for buddies.

Lee Thompson dragerdiver is an unknown quantity at this point dragerdiver's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

Dolphin, Ray

Cool, I will be down there from July 20th to the 25th, on a family vacation, and plan to go out one day, so any rebreather's in the area, pls let me know.
    Lee

RBW Member cadblaster3 will become famous soon enough cadblaster3 will become famous soon enough cadblaster3 will become famous soon enough cadblaster3 will become famous soon enough cadblaster3's Avatar
    Inspiration, Micro rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by dragerdiver  View Original Post
    Cool, I will be down there from July 20th to the 25th, on a family vacation, and plan to go out one day, so any rebreather's in the area, pls let me know.
    Lee
    Don't know about during the week, but there's a few of us around on weekends.

RBW Member john56 is an unknown quantity at this point john56's Avatar

Coastal Scuba in North Myrtle (I believe I dove with the predecesor operation at the same location in the late 1980's). They go to a few cool Civil War-era wrecks in 50' - 80' of water.

+ Reply to Thread