+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I need some blkending software.

New Member LukeN is on a distinguished road LukeN is on a distinguished road LukeN's Avatar

I need some blending software.

Hi All,
    I'm chasing some blending software.
    It has to be able to do the the normal stuff with contuous mixing.Plus heli air tops ups calclated to gain different mixes(ie 20 bar of o2 plus a 10/50 top up) without me having to think to much and work it out the old fasion way 10 times every time I get a load of fills in. I mix heli air through the contuous mixer so I just want to avoid hours with the Haskell for the OC guys.

All the normal ones can do it all but the contuous mix heli air.
    Last edited by caveseeker7; 7th January 2006 at 16:49. Reason: Spelling in title ;-)

Flaccid Member abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie's Avatar
    Dammit I bought another KISS

CK, SK, Satori, ManBagOD

Re: I need some blkending software.

Yup I see your problem. All the software I have only allows you to use either He, O2 or air to top off tanks.

You can sort of fudge it in V Planner by using the "What if" section of its gas blender, and pretending that the gas you intend to top off with is actually in the tank to start with.

So what you do is you tell it that your tank has say 200 bar of 10/50 in it and you want to add 20 bar of O2 as a top up, and it tells you that you get 19/45.

The obvious problem with that is that it relies on you knowing exactly how much 10/50 you want to add which I assume is not what you want to do, but rather you want to be able to plug in the final mix composition you want and be told how many bar of 10/50 to add.

Why not just write yourself something in Excel?
    Last edited by abowie; 7th January 2006 at 21:48.

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

I use Gas Management Program. This used to be a stand alone program, which is the version I got a long time ago. It still works great.

Unfortunately, it is now only sold as part of a package from GUE: http://gue.com/decoplanner/, and it is not inexpensive. However, you can specify that amount of oxygen and/or helium in top off gas (such as in pre-mix or continuous blending).

WEB MERMEN wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang's Avatar
    Inspo-Meg-PosMkVI-CCRDolphin

Prism,rEVO,Mk15.5,KISS,Hmblds

I have a an excel spread sheet that I have worked on over time that does it all. It is great, makes life so simple for checking as well logistics / planning trips.(I am reluctant to give it as it is just me that has problems if my formula are hey wire, let me know if you get really stuck)

The other one I use is GMP Gas management Program.
    As Scubadadmiami said it is now a pay version through GUE.
    I have, I think, the last free version which I am happy to email you or put up here if possible. It gives the option for a variable top off gas but I am not sure if that helps you for continuous blending.
    A great program and I was sad to see it go commercial, but se la ve.

edit: sorry can't upload 7.1mb

WEB MERMEN wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang's Avatar

You can get it from the www.victech.org web site in the downloads section along with all the other usefull programs, or here www.qldtech.com/files/GMP230full.zip.

hope it helps Wiz.

Flaccid Member abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie's Avatar
    Dammit I bought another KISS

CK, SK, Satori, ManBagOD

GMP rocks!

Green for you Wiz!

Classic KISS No. 226 RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark's Avatar
    Classic KISS w. Shearwater GF

GMP is an awesome piece of software... nice one mate!

RBW Writer MAD is on a distinguished road MAD is on a distinguished road MAD's Avatar

GMP Excellent bit of software....

Now if only some bright spark could write it for smart phones.... Java based... I wouldn't have to lug my laptop around.

Cheers Bud, have some more green Wiz.

Mark
    Last edited by MAD; 9th January 2006 at 18:40.

Mad, I am not sure on the specifics or what JRT you need for smart phones but GMP is Java based. One of its key "manifestos" upon creation was for it to be "cross platform" use.

Give it a whirl. Worth a try. Maybe one of the guys on here can look into the java bits required for smart phones for you.
    I will see if I can find the last version without the Windows java files included.

RBW Writer MAD is on a distinguished road MAD is on a distinguished road MAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wizbang

Give it a whirl. Worth a try. Maybe one of the guys on here can look into the java bits required for smart phones for you.
    I will see if I can find the last version without the Windows java files included.
    Now that's got to be worth a try...

I'll have a play and see how I get on.

Cheers

+ Reply to Thread