+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Empire Javelin and a new wreck Ding Dong

Another Dilligaf Diver nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer's Avatar

Re: The Empire Javelin and a new wreck Ding Dong

Great spidge Mark! well done, diving didn't seem too bad either!

You've been a bit quiet up to this report...is the rEvo sorted and going well now?

Regards...Paul

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by nicothesailer  View Original Post
    Great spidge Mark! well done, diving didn't seem too bad either!

You've been a bit quiet up to this report...is the rEvo sorted and going well now?

Regards...Paul

Frankly M8 i havent had anything much fun to write about. A combination of bad weather, bad luck and kit failures.

Our last trip out with Delta we dived an undived mark in 65 and it turned out to be an upside down barge/landing craft/ box type thing.

Oh the joy of exploration :D

The two Delta dives before that I had ADV failures on the rEvo and the viz was rubbish but the Doctor had a good dive getting the Makers Plate and IDing a wreck they had been reserching for nine years.

RBW Member revclock is an unknown quantity at this point revclock's Avatar

I am from the US, and have never taken a dive but your accounts of recent adventures have me thinking seriously of taking up a new sport. My dad escaped the wreck of the Empire Javelin on December 28, 1944, when he was on his way across the channel to serve in WW II. Dad is now 85 years of age, and I was telling him over the weekend about the finding of the bell, he recounted some details of his experience. He vividly remembers the ship's captain waving to the soldiers on the rescue ship as the Empire Javelin went down, and the captain with it. My dad and several hundreds of other soldiers made it to two rescue ships with the clothes on their backs. If anyone has any other information about new discoveries on the Javelin please post them of feel free to email me. And thanks to those who have recounted their experiences so far.
    Herb Freeland
    Roselle Park, NJ, USA

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by revclock  View Original Post
    I am from the US, and have never taken a dive but your accounts of recent adventures have me thinking seriously of taking up a new sport. My dad escaped the wreck of the Empire Javelin on December 28, 1944, when he was on his way across the channel to serve in WW II. Dad is now 85 years of age, and I was telling him over the weekend about the finding of the bell, he recounted some details of his experience. He vividly remembers the ship's captain waving to the soldiers on the rescue ship as the Empire Javelin went down, and the captain with it. My dad and several hundreds of other soldiers made it to two rescue ships with the clothes on their backs. If anyone has any other information about new discoveries on the Javelin please post them of feel free to email me. And thanks to those who have recounted their experiences so far.
    Herb Freeland
    Roselle Park, NJ, USA

Hi Herb

PM me your Email address and I will ask permision to send on some other pics.

ATB

Mark

RBW Member CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revclock  View Original Post
    Herb Freeland
    Roselle Park, NJ, USA
    Herb

I've sent you a PM.

Charlie

No its always that colour the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler's Avatar

Nice write up Mark

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2