+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ok,what am i doing wrong??

All The Gear, No Idea windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller's Avatar

ok,what am i doing wrong??

Right I have followed all instructions to charge the X1 after just getting it...I have been trying to download the Decosoft software on it.

I have installed the new drivers but when I go to the install software and connect up the x1, the screen lights up for a minute or so and says charging...It then goes blank and disconnects from the computer.

I also have yet to be able to get even the bottom timer function working at all...When disconnected from the adaptor, its a paper weight!

What am I doing wrong?

RBW Member toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe's Avatar
    rEvo 111 hybrid

Vision Inspo,Evo+, classic

Re: ok,what am i doing wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by windymiller  View Original Post
    Right I have followed all instructions to charge the X1 after just getting it...I have been trying to download the Decosoft software on it.

I have installed the new drivers but when I go to the install software and connect up the x1, the screen lights up for a minute or so and says charging...It then goes blank and disconnects from the computer.

I also have yet to be able to get even the bottom timer function working at all...When disconnected from the adaptor, its a paper weight!

What am I doing wrong?
    Hi Mate

I just got mine a few days ago, I had to uninstall the drivers and load again. Hope you get sorted.

Cheers

All The Gear, No Idea windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by toe  View Original Post
    Hi Mate

I just got mine a few days ago, I had to uninstall the drivers and load again. Hope you get sorted.

Cheers

It would be nice if the thing would fire up, let alone sort it!!, I cant get anything at the mo

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

It would be nice if the thing would fire up, let alone sort it!!, I cant get anything at the mo
    Try a soft reset. Press the reset button on the charger with a pen (it is in that little recessed hole) and see if the computer will boot.
    Did the install software say it had installed correctly?
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    Try a soft reset. Press the reset button on the charger with a pen (it is in that little recessed hole) and see if the computer will boot.
    Did the install software say it had installed correctly?
    Tried that, seems I have a duff computer from the outset, cant get it to do anything now..probably the battery

RebreatherWorld Sponsor rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh's Avatar

Its the driver set that comes with Decosoft. It's not 100% compatible with the Liquivision hardware. It can cause your X1 to lock up and other undesirable behavior. Decosoft has elected to replace the Liquivision supplied driver set with their own design. Liquivision rejected those drivers used by decosoft, because they are not reliable.

The solution is for decosoft to observe the design standards and stop interfering with the Liquivision supplied equipment.

Regards rossh

Apprentice Meg Pilot kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu's Avatar
    Megalodon APECS 2.7

Tried that, seems I have a duff computer from the outset, cant get it to do anything now..probably the battery
    At least your reset button isn't broken - I have to connect my X1 up to my PC any time I need to reset it now. Thankfully, with the most recent couple of versions of the firmware I've not had to do any more resets.

Dive Enlightened Liquivision will become famous soon enough Liquivision will become famous soon enough Liquivision will become famous soon enough Liquivision will become famous soon enough Liquivision's Avatar

Windymiller,

I'm sorry you're having trouble loading the software into your X1. From what you describe, it sounds like a driver issue with DecoSoft. I am not the "techie" that Eric Fattah, Ross, or Kevin is, but what I can promise is that I'll find the answer and/or get the proper person in touch with you asap.

Please send an email to douglas.marcoux@liquivision.ca with your contact information and I will begin the process of finding a solution to your issue.

At Liquivision we pride ourselves on our accessibility and responsiveness... even at 8:15pm on a Thursday evening.

We'll have a solution asap.

-Doug (Liquivision Sales, Marketing, and PR)

Dive Enlightened Liquivision will become famous soon enough Liquivision will become famous soon enough Liquivision will become famous soon enough Liquivision will become famous soon enough Liquivision's Avatar

I have contacted DecoSoft via two channels and expect to hear from them soon. I am also awaiting your email with your contact information.

We'll get this taken care of quickly so you can get to business with your X1.

-Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Liquivision  View Original Post
    I have contacted DecoSoft via two channels and expect to hear from them soon. I am also awaiting your email with your contact information.

We'll get this taken care of quickly so you can get to business with your X1.

-Doug
    Doug,

This thread is a bit dated. I have already had several PMs/emails exchanged with "windymiller". He has been working with his local diveshop who evidently had him send his X1 back for an exchange.

Kevin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast