+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What are Inspo scrims made from?

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar

Question What are Inspo scrims made from?

I'm curious for a couple of reasons. I want to add scrims to my BOB, and Inspo ones won't fit - so I need to make some.

I'm also interested in finding out the difference between the Inspo scrims and the hydrophobic membranes used in the flood-proof cannisters that the big boys use.

The Inspo ones keep the dust and damp out - is there merit to using more waterproof ones in the BOB?

TIA!

:)

RBW Member Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan's Avatar

Re: What are Inspo scrims made from?

I may well be wrong, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that they might be made from Thinsulate....

RBW Member SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Padowan
    I may well be wrong, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that they might be made from Thinsulate....
    Same here, can't remember where I read it.

Simon

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar

Is thinsulate hydrophobic?

Google-time...

RBW Member SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mdemon

Google-time...
    I think so, thats one reason it works as an insulation even when wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mdemon
    Its polyester so the answer is yes.

I've only seen the scrims briefly but they look to me like the sort of stuff I've seen in craft shops for dress making lining material...is a non-woven fabric.

+ Reply to Thread