+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Why Jet Fins? and a deal for you

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Re: Why Jet Fins? and a deal for you

Quote Originally Posted by dive2dive2000  View Original Post
    The Creator and owner of Rebreather world, and a really nice guy;)
    I finally fingered out your avatar, JAWS.
    Chett. L

MK15.x Aficionado rob.laurie will become famous soon enough rob.laurie will become famous soon enough rob.laurie will become famous soon enough rob.laurie's Avatar
    MK15.5, MK15

Inspo classics, KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Konaquatica  View Original Post
    Love the Jet Fins.

First pair in about 1966.

If you are new to them and especially if you are not in good shape and don't work out, they will take some determination, repeated tries and persistence to get used to. Once you get past any possible cramps, subjective heavy weight, and increased exertion, which will go away after you acclimate yourself to them, you will find them to be a great piece of dive gear.

Oh, and they are not "indestructible". After I don't know how many thousands of dives, mine split. Imagine a sideways split fin. Yes, I am loosing power on each kick, not to mention operational capabilities and will have to break down and buy a new pair. As to the foot pocket issue, my experience is that will persist for a certain number of years and then the fins can more-or-less break in and become easier to doff. Takes some time though and I only thought of drilling holes more to have the water drain from the foot pockets when exiting the water, without tipping the fins over, but I never did so. I do recommend perhaps putting something in the way of an identifying mark on your Jets as they can, like other dive equipment, get confused on the dive boat.
    Hey Jim, your spare beanie caps work in a pinch when a forgetfull diver leaves his booties back on shore as well But you could add blisters to your list as well in that case :)

Cheers, Rob

RBW Member Barrowboy is an unknown quantity at this point Barrowboy's Avatar
    Evolution

Jet fins work for me!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10