+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Computer mouse elbow injury and DCS?

Christian Rasmussen depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth's Avatar

Re: Computer mouse elbow injury and DCS?

Hi again

I just wanted to give some feedback on the use of the Logitech Trackman, now that I have been using it for some time.

I think that I will never get 100% used to using it, it is slower than a standard mouse. Especially when working in a 3D environment designing machine components, it can be a little more tricky.

However, the pain in my elbow is now completely gone so the mouse has done what is was supposed to :) So now it is easier for me to establish wheather i am bent in my right arm or it is simply just an wear injury from using a computer mouse.

I can recommend the trackball mouse if someone is experiensing the same problems....

/Christian

RBW Member Nemo1957 is an unknown quantity at this point Nemo1957's Avatar
    Optima

I had a similar issue some time ago and I did two things to fix it.

I tried all kinds of treatments offered by my regular medicine doctor but the only thing that worked 100% was accupuncture. My arm was so bad I couldnt lift it with a cup of coffee and it would wake me up at night. I also play guitar which compunded the mouse issue. Five accupuncture (once per week) treatments and it has been perfect for three years now and if anything I mouse and play guitar more now than I did then.

The second thing I did was teach myself to mouse with my left hand as well as my right. I now find that much faster as my right hand is always free to use keyboard commands, hit return with out having to move the mouse to a selection point and click, or to do numeric entries with the number pad. Since I did this all of my staff has adopted left hand mousing and we had a quite a boast in efficentcy.

It's Hammertime! Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Megalodon, Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by depth  View Original Post
    Hi again

I just wanted to give some feedback on the use of the Logitech Trackman, now that I have been using it for some time.

I think that I will never get 100% used to using it, it is slower than a standard mouse. Especially when working in a 3D environment designing machine components, it can be a little more tricky.

However, the pain in my elbow is now completely gone so the mouse has done what is was supposed to :) So now it is easier for me to establish wheather i am bent in my right arm or it is simply just an wear injury from using a computer mouse.

I can recommend the trackball mouse if someone is experiensing the same problems....

/Christian
    I'm glad it has helped.

Don't worry, you will get used to it. Most of CAD guys and a lot graphic designers use them for a number of reasons. It is only in the last two decades that Apple and Microsoft promoted the mouse which seems to be easier to handle at first, but trust me the trackball is a lot more precise.

As you get use to it, increase the sensitivity of it - it will work like a charm.

Don't forget to clean it too. I take it apart every 6 months or so to clean any debris that gets in the way of the opticals and slows down the rotation of it. All sorts of grease from your lunches and dust gets easily mixed up there.
    Hammerhead CCR Instructor
    Hammerhead Repair Facility
    Golem Gear Dealer
    www.silentthrill.com

RBW Member dykkermads is an unknown quantity at this point dykkermads's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.7

Hi Christian.

Have you forgot how old you are? Maybe the answer to your proplem lies in the fact that you are an old fart.

Just my two cents...

ATB

(a much younger)
    //Mads

RBW Member ahp is an unknown quantity at this point ahp's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

I have developed a small mouse "wear" injury in my right elbow.
    After a deep dive I always monitor my self for DSC symptoms, and my elbow always makes me think as I become a little paranoid:
    I have the same problem. Sometimes in the elbov, and sometimes in the wrist. Really annoying when there is doubt of DCS or just the good old mouse injury.

My questions are:
    • Any tips how to tell the two things apart?
    Difficult, but paying attention on any differences of staying on a deco stop compared to slow ascend, or even descending a few meters to see if the pain goes away. This has given me the answer a few times.
    Comparing the pain before and after the dive is difficult, as it could just be the result of wearing the gear, climbing on to the boat, holding on to the shot line for a long time etc. etc..

• If I go in the water and my arm is really sore from computer work, is my arm prone to get bend?
    Good question, I have had the same thoughts.
    I have'nt got the medically-correct answer, I have only sort of made my own decision about it. I have "choosen" no
    But if the blood circulation in the sore area is reduced, then the offgassing is reduced, and then problably yes?
    As I am not an educated medic nor anything else like it, I must point out that I am really just guessing. So don't take it for anything else.

Would be nice if someone wih the knowlegde would step in?

Regards
    Anders

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2