Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: RBW Map? Issues!

Banned jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson's Avatar

Thumbs down RBW Map? Issues!

Why is it that RBW staff chose a map service that seems to name the littlest WADi but fails to name one single city in Israel? What are you saying by this choice? An quick answer is greatly appreciated

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Re: RBW Map? Issues!

Quote Originally Posted by jiseson  View Original Post
    Why is it that RBW staff chose a map service that seems to name the littlest WADi but fails to name one single city in Israel? What are you saying by this choice? An quick answer is greatly appreciated
    I am not avoiding your question, however, there are are other issues regarding the World Map that needs correction too. RBW is well aware and has it on they to do list.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

It's obvious to me.

RBW staff do not recognize Israel.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Nicholas Smith Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo's Avatar
    Megalodon

For what it's worth, the Google map being used doesn't have a single city listed in North Korea either. Still, there are a few more popular diving spots in Israel than in North Korea.

Banned jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abbo  View Original Post
    For what it's worth, the Google map being used doesn't have a single city listed in North Korea either. Still, there are a few more popular diving spots in Israel than in North Korea.
    it's not worth much

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Quote Originally Posted by jiseson  View Original Post
    The map system was installed by the old owners, I have searched for and have not been able to locate any upgrades for the software. If I could figure out how to remove the whole thing from rbw, I would.

As for your reference that rbw went completely out of it's way to not name some city someplace in the world, your smoking crack. We all have much more important things in life to complete, like diving.

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

its probably worth what you paid for it :)

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post
    As for your reference that rbw went completely out of it's way to not name some city someplace in the world, your smoking crack.
    FINALLY
    Someone who thinks like me and ain't afraid to say it.

I'm still LMAO
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Nicholas Smith Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo's Avatar
    Megalodon

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post
    As for your reference that rbw went completely out of it's way to not name some city someplace in the world, your smoking crack. We all have much more important things in life to complete, like diving.
    Well said.
    Map supplied by Google.
    For free.
    Google hadn't inputted map data for Israel at the time the previous owners imported the map, but it's there on Google now.
    If there's a fault it's with Google. What do you expect for free?
    Israel is 0.1% of global population and 0.01% of global land area, so it was never going to be number 1 priority.
    A number of locations in the US are left off Google Maps because of fears that the very accurate maps could be used by terrorists: my guess is that there were the same concerns about Israel, and that delayed implementation.

But getting back to diving: it would be nice if the 'rebreather-friendly locations' section were expanded

Nailer99 Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith's Avatar
    Megalodon

Uh....yeah, but I take offense! At something! Anything, actually! The RBW map fails to show the tiny town in County Galway that my great grandfather was born in! This site is anti-Irish! And every time I write something stupid on this site, people make fun of me! This site is anti-stupid! I, four one, am knot going to take this kind of treatment! I want my money back! I demand a full refund! Your anti-stupid Irish/ Pro-CCR diving agenda is becoming increasingly clear, Bowen!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast