+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Certification for Computers?

DOH! 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68's Avatar
    IDA72 - sorrta

Re: Certification for Computers?

Ok, I am glad I was wrong on all points in discussion. I guess I really didn't realize that the dive industry was "self regulated", I thought all of the governing bodies of certification were, to some extent, following regulations set forth by higher powers. I also was under the impression that I should follow what the dive computer says else, suffer the concequences.
    I really appreciate all of the input on this and am a very happy luddite now.

Regards,
    Hunter

DOH! 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68's Avatar
    IDA72 - sorrta

Quote Originally Posted by mountain diver  View Original Post
    Who is going to sell you a unit with out training? You can buy pretty much
    buy anything with out a license.
    Hunter, here is a question. The person that bought an APOC, do they think they will receive a unit with out training? NO WAY.
    A castro 96 is an O2 breather, I am more than likely wrong, but I thought I could obtain a unit without training. As far as an APOC, I thought I could buy one as an O2 model without training. Add a Shearwater, Liquidvision, VRX, OSTC or Subsea and am now fully mCCR.

Regards,
    Hunter
    Last edited by 19Hunter68; 16th June 2009 at 01:04.

Silent Lucidity mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver's Avatar
    Megalodon

Quote Originally Posted by 19Hunter68  View Original Post
    A castro 96 is an O2 breather, I am more than likely wrong, but I thought I could obtain a unit without training. As far as an APOC, I thought I could buy one as an O2 model without training. Add a Shearwater, Liquidvision, VRX, OSTC or Subsea and am now fully mCCR.

Regards,
    Hunter
    Oh for sure you can, but.... private sale is one thing, and that being said
    there are guy's out there that won't sell their unit with out some kind of formal training. As for APOC... from their post way back in November they
    have done a lot of back peddling since then, so if you can get a unit from them
    and go dive it with out formal training, then a tip of my hat to you.
    Hunter, all this being said don't neglect quality training on which ever unit you
    choose, enjoying your unit to it's fullest can really only be attained thru proper instruction and training. What ever you do wish you all the best.

RBW Member RedDucati will become famous soon enough RedDucati will become famous soon enough RedDucati will become famous soon enough RedDucati will become famous soon enough RedDucati's Avatar

Hunter,
    I'm going through the shopping and decision process at the same time as you. I think rebreathers are too complicated to just jump in the water. OC gear could kill you without training too and that is a lot simpler. Personally I'm researching instructors and checking references.
    Dive safe,
    Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by 19Hunter68  View Original Post

Regards,
    Hunter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2