+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why Cant I Dive !! .. ?

Now showing as "Dean Coote" Numpty diver will become famous soon enough Numpty diver will become famous soon enough Numpty diver will become famous soon enough Numpty diver will become famous soon enough Numpty diver's Avatar

Why Cant I Dive !! .. ?

I received a set of proper deserved bends last year.

The diving doctor here has said no more diving.. end off .

Ive been diving 35 years .. i miss it , so why cant i dive ,, say shallow , lots of o2 ?
    Is the doctor just covering his ass ?

Dean

Phil Siswick, Tango PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

APD Inspiration, Evolution

Re: Why Cant I Dive !! .. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Numpty diver  View Original Post
    I received a set of proper deserved bends last year.

The diving doctor here has said no more diving.. end off .

Ive been diving 35 years .. i miss it , so why cant i dive ,, say shallow , lots of o2 ?
    Is the doctor just covering his ass ?

Dean
    Hi Dean,

Sorry to hear it - from your posts recently, it looked as if you were back in the water.

Have you had a second opinion? Might be worth phoning the folks at DDRC in the UK (Diving Diseases Research Centre (DDRC) - Home) or one of the UK diving medical referees (UKSDMC medical referees (also has the DDRC referees under 'Devon' and Peter Wilmshurst under Shropshire).

Good luck!

Classic Kiss diver Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty's Avatar
    Classic Kiss 165

I'd be interested in what sort of bend you had, in what way deserved, and any residual symptoms. Might explain why the Dr advised no more diving.

Neil

RBW Member texwrecks is an unknown quantity at this point texwrecks's Avatar

Don't have the answer u want to hear. But depending on ur hit I would sit a season until breaking the Dr's orders. I was told to sit six months, it lasted six weeks but i don't do repetative deep anymore and are consersative as far as bt goes. Take some time off and I think u will see a green light again.

Below Me??? drtyjrzy is on a distinguished road drtyjrzy is on a distinguished road drtyjrzy's Avatar

I took a moderate hit 2 years ago DAN told me to quit diving(wasnt going to happen), the chamber doc told me 6 months, and the ex-navy chamber op. told me three months.....I made it 2 then took some 40% to the quarry, thank god everything was ok. Hopefully you'll be able to get back in the water.

Now showing as "Dean Coote" Numpty diver will become famous soon enough Numpty diver will become famous soon enough Numpty diver will become famous soon enough Numpty diver will become famous soon enough Numpty diver's Avatar

Bends were left side of my brain , right eye /ear , both shoulders , elbows , lower back, hips , knees and ankles .
    My right side was floppy for some time, but has vastly improved.

Deserved.. well i took the risk of diving .

Been going on trips Phil but have just cooked n carried kit for others .

Dean

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Bends were left side of my brain , right eye /ear , both shoulders , elbows , lower back, hips , knees and ankles .

Dean
    Deserved typically has to do with questions like: did you violate your dive plan? have an emergency ascent? Have a gear failure...?

If the answer is no to all 3, and you still got hit, then its 'undeserved', i.e. you followed all the 'rules'....

If vastly improved does not = total recovery, any medical professional would say no diving..., you might get someone to approve ~10m w/ heavy nitrox as long as you promise not to hold your breath...

RBW Member saturation has a spectacular aura about saturation has a spectacular aura about saturation has a spectacular aura about saturation has a spectacular aura about saturation has a spectacular aura about saturation has a spectacular aura about saturation's Avatar

Dean
    This reads like a left hemispheric stroke and some spinal bends too; a bend of this size is likely from a sizable decompression violation or a fairly large A-V shunt with gas embolization.

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Dean
    This must be heartbreaking for you. Personally, I dont call any hits 'deserved' or 'undeserved.' I prefer 'explained' or 'unexplained'

No one deserves do get bent.

I hope you can dive again.

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

I am no Dr but when I had some neuro damage from a hit it took almost a year to completely heal. My Dr said when neurons reprogram themselves the old pathways are still damaged and he said the next hit will probably result in permanent damage.
    My case was very mild compared to you but it sounds like you dodged a large bullet which you may not dodge again. If it was me I would want to go diving anyway but thats my choice and my wife might decide she doesn't want to change my diapers the rest of my life so I would certainly involve her in my decision.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast