+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Simulator for Titan CCR

CEO DiveNav, Inc. DiveNav will become famous soon enough DiveNav will become famous soon enough DiveNav will become famous soon enough DiveNav will become famous soon enough DiveNav's Avatar

Simulator for Titan CCR

Hi,
    at the recent Scuba Show, in collaboration with Titan, we announced the availability of our scuba diving simulator for the Titan CCR.

The simulator can be downloaded for free from our site

Enjoy it.

Alberto

RBW Member SilverSurfer is an unknown quantity at this point SilverSurfer's Avatar

Re: Simulator for Titan CCR

I downloaded it a few weeks ago. Every time I attempt to start a dive, I get a blue screen and my system crashes!!!

RBW Member gysiek is an unknown quantity at this point gysiek's Avatar

I've donloaded it today and get the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSurfer  View Original Post
    I downloaded it a few weeks ago. Every time I attempt to start a dive, I get a blue screen and my system crashes!!!

CEO DiveNav, Inc. DiveNav will become famous soon enough DiveNav will become famous soon enough DiveNav will become famous soon enough DiveNav will become famous soon enough DiveNav's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSurfer  View Original Post
    Hi,
    what videocard do you have?

You need to have a videocard supported by the simulator (lot of 3D graphics going on in the simulator).

Here is the list of supported videocards.

Best Regards,

Alberto

RBW Member rmeglath is an unknown quantity at this point rmeglath's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by gysiek  View Original Post
    I've donloaded it today and get the same thing.
    I've been diving it for a few weeks now. It did crash my system at first when I ended the dive but that problem has been resolved. So it does work on some computers. Being a new real world rebreather diver I have to admit that using this as a training aid in the procedural side of rebreathers I believe has helped to reinforce the procedures for diving a rebreather. Granted in RW I dive an mCCR and the Titan is an eCCR, I still think it reinforces what we learn in the real class. That said there is work that could be done to increase the realism in the sim, and I've found the guys at eDiving to be very receptive to suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by rmeglath  View Original Post
    I've been diving it for a few weeks now. It did crash my system at first when I ended the dive but that problem has been resolved. So it does work on some computers. Being a new real world rebreather diver I have to admit that using this as a training aid in the procedural side of rebreathers I believe has helped to reinforce the procedures for diving a rebreather. Granted in RW I dive an mCCR and the Titan is an eCCR, I still think it reinforces what we learn in the real class. That said there is work that could be done to increase the realism in the sim, and I've found the guys at eDiving to be very receptive to suggestions.
    Hi,
    thank you for your support :)

What would you like us to add/modify to increase the realism?

For r7 we are planning to have:
    - GF working properly
    - account properly for He
    - sound effects for the valves
    - sound for air hissing when valves / manual controls are activated
    - REMOVE breathing of diver when using CCR
    - bailout bottle
    - Nitrogen Narcosis effect
    - Drysuit
    - ROV
    - OC Tech configuration (HP100 Twins + bailout)

We were also thinking to add to the Rebreather planning screen a more detailed "pre-dive check list" and a "disable Auto O2" check box .... (this should make the Titan an mCCR) .... What do you think?

Alberto

rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by DiveNav  View Original Post
    Hi,
    thank you for your support :)

What would you like us to add/modify to increase the realism?

For r7 we are planning to have:
    - GF working properly
    - account properly for He
    - sound effects for the valves
    - sound for air hissing when valves / manual controls are activated
    - REMOVE breathing of diver when using CCR
    - bailout bottle
    - Nitrogen Narcosis effect
    - Drysuit
    - ROV
    - OC Tech configuration (HP100 Twins + bailout)

We were also thinking to add to the Rebreather planning screen a more detailed "pre-dive check list" and a "disable Auto O2" check box .... (this should make the Titan an mCCR) .... What do you think?

Alberto
    Yes PLEASE, yes, yes, yes, I can't speak for all rebreather divers but I personally continue breathing while diving CCR , yes, yes, yes, ok and yes.

You pretty much hit on all of my main concerns for realism Alberto. I definitely like the idea of forcing pre-dive checks. Also, it would be really cool if every now and then something critical fails, or at least provide an option to turn something like that on. Like losing primary display and having to terminate the dive using only the hud, a loop flood (to include a drastic loss of buoyancy), stuck solenoid, etc.

Also, this isn't so much rebreather related but it would be REALLY cool if in the future you were to add cave diving to the sim, to include having to run lines, potential line entanglements, light failures, manifold failure, etc. Also, more wrecks with penetration opportunities, and make the wrecks DARK like they really are. OK so I know this is asking for a whole bunch and this would take a LOT of time but if you could add these things sometime in the future that would make a great sim and training aid. With of course the caveat that NO ONE should EVER attempt to do these types of dives in real life without proper REAL WORLD training, regardless of how many times they have made the same dive in eDiving!!

Another thing I think I saw someone else suggest at one time was a site development kit for users to download and use maps and other actual data to create and submit dive sites. I would think that would take a lot of the burden off of you to create them all. As far as caves go I'm sure there are some licensing issues that would need to be worked out but there are a lot of surveyed cave maps that have been created (again emphasizing that a LOT of work went into creation of said maps and the copyright laws would need to be followed). Although I think I just answered why that wouldn't work, hmmm.

Anyway, just a couple of thoughts. Thank for the great work so far.
    Ryan

Yes PLEASE, yes, yes, yes, I can't speak for allrebreather divers but I personally continue breathing while diving CCR , yes, yes, yes, ok and yes.....
    Ryan,
    I meant removing the AUDIO of breathing effect when using CCR ....
    In r6 the audio breathing effect is the same for both OC and CCR .... that is not right ..... as far as I know diving CCR is "silent diving".

...... Also, it would be really cool if every now and then something critical fails, or at least provide an option to turn something like that on. Like losing primary display and having to terminate the dive using only the hud, a loop flood (to include a drastic loss of buoyancy), stuck solenoid, etc. .....
    This is something we are already discussing with Jeff (Bozanic), but very unlikely it will be ready for r7.

...... it would be REALLY cool if in the future you were to add cave diving to the sim, to include having to run lines, potential line entanglements, light failures, manifold failure, etc....
    I am desperately trying to get some data-sets for caves .... I was promised few for quite some time ... but so far I have received none

Right now we can place fixed lines (we have one inside the C-53 in Cozumel).

......Also, more wrecks with penetration opportunities, and make the wrecks DARK like they really are....
    I know .... we still have some issues with the "shadow system" of our engine .... I keep telling my team that they got to fix it .... they keep telling me "magnana"

...... Another thing I think I saw someone else suggest at one time was a site development kit for users to download and use maps and other actual data to create and submit dive sites. I would think that would take a lot of the burden off of you to create them all.....
    That is called "Level Editor" .... it is my dream to have one .... sometime in the future.
    In r7 we will have the possibility for the users to position/hide objects inside existing levels .... not too much, but first step to allow users to "contribute" to the maps.

Again, thank You for using eDiving and for your valuable feedback.

Alberto

rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by DiveNav  View Original Post
    Ryan,
    I meant removing the AUDIO of breathing effect when using CCR ....
    In r6 the audio breathing effect is the same for both OC and CCR .... that is not right ..... as far as I know diving CCR is "silent diving".
    I figured, I was just being a smartass

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

When your diving a CCR you can still hear your own breathing its just does not produce bubbles. So if you want to add realize I would not make it silent.

You might want to research Narcosis on a CCR. For me and many others the symptoms show up sooner on CCR then on OC.

Just trying to help out since you do not have first hand experience.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast