+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Which Deco Model

New Member Caver is an unknown quantity at this point Caver's Avatar

Which Deco Model

OK which deco model do you guys all favour for CCR?

Modern thinkign of obviously about bubble containment with deep stops.

Currently I use GF but way I see it this give syou the deep stops but no credit for them in the shallower stuff.

RGBM I know give syou credit but umm maybe too much for my tastes! So that leaves VPM?? no experience of that one.

Greatful for your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by CaveDiv3r
    OK which deco model do you guys all favour for CCR?

Modern thinkign of obviously about bubble containment with deep stops.

Currently I use GF but way I see it this give syou the deep stops but no credit for them in the shallower stuff.

RGBM I know give syou credit but umm maybe too much for my tastes! So that leaves VPM?? no experience of that one.

Greatful for your thoughts.
    Looking forward to seeing the consensus here. I've been using VPM B for OC Trimix dives for the last few years and am very pleased with it. I have also been playing with VPM, GAP and Buhlman with GF in CCR mode as I move into CCR to look at the profiles to see if anything looks good/bad with them but would like to hear actual user experiences...

Tim

Whats GAP Trob? Not heard of that model?

GAP is one of the commercial variants of RGBM. You can find it here: http://www.gap-software.com/

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

GAP is a software program that uses the RGBM deco model.
    Check the links section for RGBM and ANDI. ;)

hey maybe I should have done a poll as well to see what was preffered model but backed up with why.

Admins - could you add this please? with choices for

1 - VPM, 2 RGBM, 3 GF

thank you

Administrator ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE's Avatar

Post Deco Programs

Folks,

I researched this deal for a long time, trying to find out if there was an "optimum" way to do this deal. Of course, there are as many opinions on this subject as Carter has "Little Liver Pills" (ancient Colonial reference).

The first hoop that I had to jump through was the question of: "Is helium really our friend, or not?" This was a difficult question in the pre-RBW world.

There were lots of people who "knew" things, but, like a meeting of Paranoids Anonymous, they wouldn't TELL anyone.

I finally found out that, yes, there were divers using the (then) secret and mysterious re-breathers who did, in fact, use helium surface to surface, and---!!Sacre Bleu!!--survived it!

What were their arcane religious practices that made this possible? I began to seek the "Truth". Unfortunately, I found that these people had accomplished this by guessing, and applying these guesses to themselves as "Crash Test Dummies"!

Now, while I hail these pioneers, I have a job as a pilot that frowns on us coming to work bent and twisted, other than mentally. I formed the opinion that I needed guidance and procedure that had been tested and sytematized.

So it was that my readings began in ancient and dusty archives. Eventually, I stumbled upon "bubble theory" as an advanced step beyond simple goat-bending, and then finally to the recent works of "Bruce Almighty" (i.e. Dr. Bruce Wienke).

That gave me the theory, but what about actual practice?

To make a long story somewhat shorter, I found RGBM in a desk-top version to do the planning with, in the form of the newest version of GAP. (Thank you, Kees Hofwegen.)

I found the Hydro-Space Explorer, which can run a PPO2 link and do real-time decompression based on RGBM.

Finally I found the last part of the puzzle, which is printed RGBM tables to use for back-up and comparison purposes; this latter kindly produced by NAUI, and their own team of "Crash Test Dummies".

So, "Eh voila!" as the Brits would say! I now have a unified field of theory, procedure, and practice that enables me to use the TRUE "Voodoo Gas" (Helium), and run real-time deco with table back-up.

Gee, my teachers were right. This reading stuff does come in handy now and again, although at the time I though they were nothing but... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob Davie

Quote Originally Posted by ROB DAVIE
    Folks,

BJD goodness snipped...except.
    .. !!!

Rob Davie
    Rob,

One of the things that has always concerned me about RGBM is the wide variations in 'licensed' application (a Suunto RGBM profile looks nothing like a GAP RGBM profile).

I've reaed the collected works of the good doctor (and actully think I understand some of it!) and feel that it makes quite a bit of sense. But I find it difficult to understand how something that is so thoroughly tested can be licensed with such seeming disregard to consistency.

Any thoughts?

Tim

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trob09
    Rob,

One of the things that has always concerned me about RGBM is the wide variations in 'licensed' application (a Suunto RGBM profile looks nothing like a GAP RGBM profile).
    I met the Suunto Guys recently in the UK and drilled them about this - actually I was a little confretantional and said how the hell do they get away with calling their buhlman model which they use in Suunto computers RGBM!

It all came down to marketing and money - they paid a license fee for the name only - they DO NOT have RGBM implemented.

In fact their new D9 which has deep stops has Pyle stops...

Start

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar
    hey maybe I should have done a poll as well to see what was preffered model but backed up with why.

Admins - could you add this please? with choices for

1 - VPM, 2 RGBM, 3 GF

thank you
    OK will try it now!

Stuart

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast