+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: What is the LEAST favorite feature on each rebreather?

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

Re: What is the LEAST favorite feature on each rebreather?

OPTIMA In all configurations i have tried, butt heavy. Need light fins and a drysuit for cave trim.

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by swadiver  View Original Post
    OPTIMA In all configurations i have tried, butt heavy. Need light fins and a drysuit for cave trim.
    In your case it is not the optima, it is your butt that is too heavy.

Running for cover now.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase  View Original Post
    Can you not unclip the head and inject diluient untill the head pops off?

Works on the vision.

ATB

Mark
    I tried that since I had a Inspo b4 but it did not work because the OPV does not hold at as high a pressure as the Inspo OPV.

John

RBW Member colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT

Inspiration Vision, rEvo II Hy

But the lid is a compression 0 ring not a slid fit.All the slide fits are double 0 rings.

ATB

Mark
    Mark
    Classic, I could not comment on but IIRC the Vision has a slide fit O ring on the lid ? I only got rid of mine 2 months ago & cannot be certain !

RBW Member BillGraham is on a distinguished road BillGraham is on a distinguished road BillGraham's Avatar

Least favorite features of the Prism:

1) The stock backplate and harness. Completely useless for technical diving.

2) The machining tolerances. I had to have a mechanical genius friend attack it with a dremel tool in order to get it to go together and be diveable.

3) The stock ADV. Nothing like almost drowning in three feet of water because you can't get any gas into the inhalation counterlung. Throw it out and put the Meg one on there, problem solved.

4) The P.O.S. rubber thing that supposedly holds the H.U.D. Throw that out too.

Hopefully, the P-2 will address this stuff.

Oh, in terms of difficulty of removing the bucket, try this trick: put the cap against your chest and pull the bottom of the bucket toward you. It will move just a little tiny bit. THEN turn the bucket and it comes off pretty easily. If you don't do this, the pins are still sitting in the little depression at the end of the slot, and you'll probably break them or the tabs on the bucket.

All that being said, I love the machine -- just took a while to get it set up the way I like it.

RBW Member osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris's Avatar
    HH INSPO HYBRIB BASTARDISED MK

KISS/IDA64/72/60/Mk15/Cobra

Clasic inspo

Hammer Head

The fact you cant switch the controler off just pips the fact the batteries must be individualy blessed by the pope or they cant be expected to work.

Mark
    Ahhhh! That's where I was going wrong, I'm an Atheist.

On the Inspo classic there are several:

(1) OTS 'lungs. I hatezzzz them I do. Solution Mark Chaney's BMCL.

(2) Manifold. What a dumb, dumb place to put it just off set from centre, with a bulge in the case that (that the manifold doesn't even sit in) so your preferred back plate has to be modded and all the hoses need three weks to route correctly. Solution: Yell, scream, and curse. Kick the cat.

On the HH, apart from the batteries WHICH DRIVE ME F******NG NUTS! it's the inability to calibrate in 21% as well as 100%.

Other than that I just lovezzzz it I do.

Banned - Threat of Litigation AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers  View Original Post
    ps: btw, on the APOK, if you really want, you simply can invert the loop by connecting the hose inverse
    The hoses are too short to do that, and breathe from it.

Alex

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12