+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: USS Emmons wreck

Jani Haaja jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja's Avatar
    JJ-CCR, Inspo Classic

HH Inspo

Re: USS Emmons wreck

Great video and awesome dive site!

We can only dream of such visibilities here in Finland...

JH

Another Dilligaf Diver nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silent running  View Original Post
    Thanks for the great info and source Paul, the boat had quite an active year btw 44' and 45'. Helped sink a U-boat in the Mediterranean, then converted to a fast minesweeper and was sank off Okinawa by a kamikaze, all in one year. Every time I read something new about the end of the war in the Pacific, especially Okinawa, I am stunned by how ferocious the combat was, even at such a late date in the war. The losses on both sides were staggering and few people remember... -Andy
    Yeh, don't know too much about the war in the Pacific, but I've had a long time interest in U-boats, mostly in the war of the Atlantic, losses on both sides were staggering and I believe are more diveable!

Regards...Paul

Nicholas Smith Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo's Avatar
    Megalodon

Neat vid: have some green. Do you have a shop in Okinawa, or where do you hang out?

RBW Member spn2298 is on a distinguished road spn2298 is on a distinguished road spn2298's Avatar
    Meg, rEvo, Inspo, Prism2, Kiss

Quote Originally Posted by Abbo  View Original Post
    Neat vid: have some green. Do you have a shop in Okinawa, or where do you hang out?
    I own a dive shop in here okinawa, located near the gate 2 street of Kadena air force base. We have on-off board cylinders, chemicals, some rebreather equipment. also mixing gas is available. Please PM me with any questions.
    Let's hang out!
    Cheers,
    -Masa

RBW Member spn2298 is on a distinguished road spn2298 is on a distinguished road spn2298's Avatar
    Meg, rEvo, Inspo, Prism2, Kiss

Quote Originally Posted by silent running  View Original Post
    I don't know her history, how did she go down and when? -Andy
    Hi Andy,
    Sorry for the late reply.
    Yes, USS Emmons was a destroyer. Please refer to the following site.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Emmons_(DD-457)

We observed one minute of silence for the war dead before diving.

Regards,
    -Masa

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2