+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: USS Emmons wreck

RBW Member spn2298 is on a distinguished road spn2298 is on a distinguished road spn2298's Avatar
    Meg, rEvo, Inspo, Prism2, Kiss

USS Emmons wreck

Hello all,
    We enjoyed USS Emmons wreck at the last weekend. Just wanted to share this video to everyone.

The USS Emmons lay silently on the oceanís bottom for 64 years. This wreck is 1 km offshore of okinawa's Kouri Island.
    In September of 2000, Japanese Coast Guard divers rediscovered her after responding to a report of a persistent oil slick from a local fisherman.

I have O2, He, sorb, 6 sets of 3l APD cylinders, and many Luxfer alum 40cf cylinders for offboard. If you'd like to enjoy Silent diving in okinawa. please feel free to contact me.

Regards,

-Masa

YouTube - NO LIMIT CCR Diving at USS EMMONS
    Attached Images

rEvoluzzer onliner is an unknown quantity at this point onliner's Avatar
    SF2 mCCR, rEvo III mCCR

Re: USS Emmons wreck

Hai Masa,

very nice video. When i saw some stuff like this, i can't await my holiday in south france. :)

Greatings

Volker

Dive Deep and Dive Long Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf's Avatar
    rEvo

I will have to come down and check that one out when I get back to Japan.

RBW Member human is on a distinguished road human is on a distinguished road human's Avatar

What kind of depth profiles are you seeing?

RBW Member spn2298 is on a distinguished road spn2298 is on a distinguished road spn2298's Avatar
    Meg, rEvo, Inspo, Prism2, Kiss

Quote Originally Posted by human  View Original Post
    What kind of depth profiles are you seeing?
    Bottom depth was 43 meters(about 140 feet) , visibility was about 30meter, water temp. was 22C degrees.
    we planed 43m 30min, used 21/30 for diluent and offbord bailout.
    Best.
    Masa
    Attached Images

Divemaster ken chung ar is on a distinguished road ken chung ar is on a distinguished road ken chung ar's Avatar
    Inhabitant of the City of the Garden for Sharing Pleasure with Every Man and Woman, JAPAN

Quote Originally Posted by spn2298  View Original Post
    The USS Emmons lay silently on the oceanís bottom for 64 years. This wreck is 1 km offshore of okinawa's Kouri Island.
    In September of 2000, Japanese Coast Guard divers rediscovered her after responding to a report of a persistent oil slick from a local fisherman.
    Hi spn2298,
    Your Video is absolutely stunning! Good visibility, a nice shooting angle, and the excellent resolution.

In Japan, we have another awesome wreck spot in Hiroshima, where we dive Mutsu.

Mutsu was the Imperial Japanese Navy's second Nagato class battleship. (BTW, Nagato lies in Bikini Atoll). The total length was 220m, but it was split in the middle because of a disastrous explosion in 1943. The max depth was -41m, but the shallowest point of the wreck was only -17m. The problem at this wreck site is poor viz, unlike that of USS Emmons. Whenever you go there, the visibility is 3-8m despite the fact the current is strong. I don't understand why.

ken chung ar

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Hi Masa,

Well Done!
    Very steady hand!
    Thanks for posting!
    Best regards,
    Chett. L

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Thanks for the excellent video Masa. USS Emmons was a destroyer, right? Not many WW2 destroyers in diveable depths, IIRC. Really great viz and what seems like a relatively easy dive, wow.

I don't know her history, how did she go down and when? -Andy

Another Dilligaf Diver nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer's Avatar

I don't know her history, how did she go down and when? -Andy
    Some info.

Regards...Paul
    Last edited by nicothesailer; 15th November 2009 at 16:09.

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by nicothesailer  View Original Post
    Some info.

Regards...Paul

Thanks for the great info and source Paul, the boat had quite an active year btw 44' and 45'. Helped sink a U-boat in the Mediterranean, then converted to a fast minesweeper and was sank off Okinawa by a kamikaze, all in one year. Every time I read something new about the end of the war in the Pacific, especially Okinawa, I am stunned by how ferocious the combat was, even at such a late date in the war. The losses on both sides were staggering and few people remember... -Andy
    Last edited by silent running; 29th May 2009 at 07:16.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast