+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the Single Greatest Feature ("SGF") from each rebreather?

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

What is the Single Greatest Feature ("SGF") from each rebreather?

What is the Single Greatest Feature ("SGF") from each rebreather?

I know this is a tough decision, because there are so many benefits that each of the best rebreathers offer. But if you could pick one feature that really makes a rebreather great what would it be? OK, OK, maybe mention a second feature, if you can't resist. But, please, no more.

When deciding what you like best, please make your own individual choice. Don't base it on what everyone else says. Of course, you will see other people's choices, but I am asking for your personal opinion.

On the Prism Topaz, I choose the Analog Secondary. During a dive, if the battery died, the electronics failed, or if you had to shut off power to the electronics (for example, in the case of a flood to the battery compartment), you could fly the Topaz manually. In fact you could just finish your dive. My decision to choose this SGF was difficult because the Prism has so many great attributes. I was tempted to choose the Prism's extremely low work of breathing.

What about these rebreathers:

Inspiration Classic
    Inspiration Vision
    Evolution
    Prism Topaz
    Megalodon, all models
    Sport Kiss
    Classic Kiss
    MK 15. X
    Ouroboros
    Optima
    Titan
    Pelagian
    RB80/Clone
    rEvo
    Dolphin
    Ray
    Submatix
    Azimuth
    Sentinel
    Hammerhead CCR
    Nautilus
    Lar-V
    Cis Lunar MK 5P
    Poseidon CIS Lunar Mk VI
    Chett. L

Closed Account onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime's Avatar

Re: What is the Single Greatest Feature ("SGF") from each rebreather?

I'd have to say it's the ability of each of them to scrub CO2. :)

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

For the optima I will have to say it is the ability of the secondary handset to be upgraded to a full deco computer at a very cost effective price. This allows full redundancy for deco without adding any more hardware or cables.

For the rEvo it is the dual scrubber setup. It makes the use of sorb very effective with minimal waste while being able to maintain a very slim design with a clear chest area.

You do know that this thread will end up in a pissing contest right?

And the rEvo will win right?
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    For the optima I will have to say it is the ability of the secondary handset to be upgraded to a full deco computer at a very cost effective price. This allows full redundancy for deco without adding any more hardware or cables.

For the rEvo it is the dual scrubber setup. It makes the use of sorb very effective with minimal waste while being able to maintain a very slim design with a clear chest area.

You do know that this thread will end up in a pissing contest right?

And the rEvo will win right?
    Not looking for a pissing contest, just want to know the greatest aspect of each rebreather made.
    Thank you for your post on the Optima & rEvo. I really like the rEvo.
    Best regards,
    Last edited by Chett.L; 23rd May 2009 at 22:03.
    Chett. L

Rebreatherless bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Choosing a rebreather was a tough decison with so many outstanding models models out there.

Reason #1 for choosing the Hammerhead was not based on a Single Greatest Feature, but more along the lines that it was manufactured in the USA and if the need arose to send it in for service/repairs/upgrades, etc I wouldn't have to ship it overseas. The ability to send it on Monday and potentially have it back on Friday was a huge selling point. Of course, this is a downside for anyone living outside North America.

Reason #2: Kevin & Trish. They've provided excellent customer service both pre and post sale.

Bruce

Richie Burr diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

Optima...
    1. EAC

2. Hammerhead Electronics

3. Made In USA - Ease of Service and Parts, if necessary.

Richie

RBW Member dz3866 has a spectacular aura about dz3866 has a spectacular aura about dz3866 has a spectacular aura about dz3866 has a spectacular aura about dz3866 has a spectacular aura about dz3866 has a spectacular aura about dz3866's Avatar

For the Classic Kiss, for about $50.00 I can have a complete spare set of lungs.

Death Before Discomfort nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971's Avatar
    JM Hammerhead

For me on the HH, the fact that it came completely set-up with BOV and redundant computers in eCCR mode and for about $79 I can make it a hybrid or mCCR in about 20 minutes.

New Member hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca's Avatar

I think all rebreathers share the same "Single Greatest Failure"... the user.

If any one rebreather is maintained and dived in the manner stipulated by the manufacture the possibility of failure is nil...

the problems tend to arise when we begin to modify the unit or what we perceive to be the units "operating envelope".

I am sure many will not agree, but this is my belief.

Rebreather manufactures aren't out to kill their customers, quite the contrary; however, most of us rebreather divers sure do test their safety engineering to the extreme...

hoppy

Another Dilligaf Diver nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer's Avatar

Drager Ray... Cheap to buy, easy to convert and lightweight.

Drager Dolphin... Still cheap to buy, easy to convert but with endless possibilities.

Regards...Paul

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast