+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Would You?

Classic KISS No. 226 RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark's Avatar
    Classic KISS w. Shearwater GF

Re: Would You?

Quote Originally Posted by sensor330  View Original Post
    I've been presented an opportunity to get a Boris at a reasonable price. The only thing is I can't afford to have two rigs at the moment. I love my Meg but I've always looked at the Boris as the king of rebreathers but the price has made it a unattainable for me. I pretty sure I all ready know what my decision is but I just thought I'd throw the question out there for my fellow Rebreather divers.

Would you switch?

Scott
    The only real advantage I could see to make the switch is the back mounted lungs and clear chest area.... but if you're happy with your Meg, why bother?

Personally, back mounted lungs are high on my must have list after trying both an inspo and a meg.

Cheers

Rich

RBW Member Rob Dobson is on a distinguished road Rob Dobson is on a distinguished road Rob Dobson's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

MEG (COPIS II)

Quote Originally Posted by RichClark  View Original Post
    The only real advantage I could see to make the switch is the back mounted lungs and clear chest area.... but if you're happy with your Meg, why bother?

Personally, back mounted lungs are high on my must have list after trying both an inspo and a meg.
    I love everything about my Meg - except the 'OTS' CL's. I'm about quarter the size of Leon and what are OTS CL's on him are FMCL's on me. By switching to the BMCL kit on the Meg I hope to finally achieve the unit I want.

By having a cluttered chest area I struggle with securing bailout, primary lights, backup lights and scooters. Basically the whole thing becomes a PITA.

RBW Member tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining's Avatar
    Hammerhead, SF2, Megalodon, JJ

Boris, Sentinel, Inspiration,

Well I may well be one of lucky ones I have both,

I would absolutely not switch from Meg for a Ouroboros as this would be to limiting for me for travel, flexible unit configuration and simple dive profiles but how many people would by and ENZO for daily commuting

The Boris is the Roles Royce of rebreathers, yes its big, yes its expensive but it has all the bells and whistles and in deep water it really is a dream to dive (with a scooter anyway).

It takes a little time to get used to but then its not complicated at all no more complicated than a meg.

Boris has great features for extreme diving which is why it was designed, No HP gauges is just one them diagnostics and electronic flexibility are way ahead with the ability to manipulate the electronics all on the fly giving the diver total control.

I suppose you have to ask your self what type of diving you do most if you are diving mainly between 50-100m and swimming a lot don’t get Boris.

Just my 2P

RBW Member moley has a reputation beyond repute moley has a reputation beyond repute moley has a reputation beyond repute moley has a reputation beyond repute moley has a reputation beyond repute moley has a reputation beyond repute moley has a reputation beyond repute moley has a reputation beyond repute moley has a reputation beyond repute moley has a reputation beyond repute moley has a reputation beyond repute moley's Avatar
    50% of an Apoc iCCR

Meg Eccr. Sports Kiss.

Absolutely not....!!

Unless, as has been pointed out before, your depth/duration can justify it..stick with the Meg.

Ask yourself:...is it vanity or sanity??

Divetart Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Dobson  View Original Post
    ......I bought a COPIS II and so far I have:

Plumbed in a Shearwater for online GF deco, switched to a radial scrubber, put a longer can on it, changed cylinder sizes several times, put off board O2 on it, added a FFM, put a Kent Tooling trim weight / carry handle on it and next week I hope to switch to BMCL's and then when it's released I'm going to get the ISC BOV.

How many of those Mods are possible on a Boris?
    No offence intended at all but Isn't that now a homebuild? Different scrubber, different can, lungs, modified O2 supply, modified loop, modified O2 monitoring... when do you stop calling it a Meg?!?
    As I say, I really hope that's not a cheeky question, I'm just curious as what stage of modification you would consider it one you brewed yourself as opposed to a factory product?

RBW Member Rob Dobson is on a distinguished road Rob Dobson is on a distinguished road Rob Dobson's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

MEG (COPIS II)

Quote Originally Posted by Smudgegs  View Original Post
    No offence intended at all but Isn't that now a homebuild? Different scrubber, different can, lungs, modified O2 supply, modified loop, modified O2 monitoring... when do you stop calling it a Meg?!?
    As I say, I really hope that's not a cheeky question, I'm just curious as what stage of modification you would consider it one you brewed yourself as opposed to a factory product?
    So when you go with factory options (as I have) does it become a homebuild?? Not in my world.

Divetart Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Dobson  View Original Post
    So when you go with factory options (as I have) does it become a homebuild?? Not in my world.
    Ahh I see, didn't realise they were all factory options. Answers the question in both our worlds then
    Cheers :)

RBW Member tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris's Avatar
    Evolution, Side-mount Meg

Meg

Quote Originally Posted by sensor330  View Original Post
    I've been presented an opportunity to get a Boris at a reasonable price. The only thing is I can't afford to have two rigs at the moment. I love my Meg but I've always looked at the Boris as the king of rebreathers but the price has made it a unattainable for me. I pretty sure I all ready know what my decision is but I just thought I'd throw the question out there for my fellow Rebreather divers.

Would you switch?

Scott
    No like my Meg to much. Especially now with the BM CL coming out in June

Nailer99 Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith's Avatar
    Megalodon

I wouldn't switch- but I might buy the unit and try and turn a profit on it, if the price is really that good!

RBW Member sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330's Avatar
    Who cares

A few

Thanks for replies. Going to stick with my Meg. Its been the most reliable piece of equipment I had to date. I was thinking of sending it back for 2.7 upgrade but not sure if its worth my while. I think the only think I'll change is my VR3 for a shearwater. Anyone want to buy a VR3?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2