+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Monterey - June 26-28th

Damien Siviero betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154's Avatar
    Meg

Pathfinder, Inspo, Kiss, MKVI

Monterey - June 26-28th

Hi,

I'm hoping to get a few days diving done in the Monterey area 26-28th June.

I'm open with regard to what to dive, though am keen to see some of the best that the area has to offer.

Regards,
    Damien Siviero

RBW Member mixedgas is an unknown quantity at this point mixedgas's Avatar
    Sentinel-Meg-Dolphin

Re: Monterey - June 26-28th

Pt Lobos!!!!! I'm there about once a week!
    Point Lobos - General Information

You will need a reservation for the weekend

I like diving chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter's Avatar
    Mk15.5, Mk15

Inpisspiration, KISS

Monestary beach (just north of Point Lobos). If the swell is flat and you don't mind a bit of a hike up the beach. I'd dive the northern end. There is a really nice wall that goes down to about 240', and a really nice little kelp forest.

I'll be in the area too at that time. Perhaps we should put together a RBW dive?

Aloha,
    Charlie

Damien Siviero betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154's Avatar
    Meg

Pathfinder, Inspo, Kiss, MKVI

I'm definately keen to get a dive in at Point Lobos, as everyone seems to recommend it regardless of where you go. I'm a boat diving kind of guy but can do a rock hop if that is what's required onsite.

I've noticed the Point Lobos calendar states that Sat 27th June is full, but Sunday 28th July is ok. I'm free any of those days.

My only other issue is sourcing cylinders and gas, though I think Jeff said he had some ideas.

Anyone know whether it possible to dive with the sea otters or seals? Or is it just by chance if you come across them.

regards, damien

RBW Member mixedgas is an unknown quantity at this point mixedgas's Avatar
    Sentinel-Meg-Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by betti154  View Original Post
    I'm definately keen to get a dive in at Point Lobos, as everyone seems to recommend it regardless of where you go. I'm a boat diving kind of guy but can do a rock hop if that is what's required onsite.

I've noticed the Point Lobos calendar states that Sat 27th June is full, but Sunday 28th July is ok. I'm free any of those days.

My only other issue is sourcing cylinders and gas, though I think Jeff said he had some ideas.

Anyone know whether it possible to dive with the sea otters or seals? Or is it just by chance if you come across them.

regards, damien
    Sea otters are best seen in Monterey Bay around Breakwater.....As for seals, just depends if they want to show up that day. Last time at Monastery with had around 20- 30 the entire dive......

+ Reply to Thread