+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: what dry gloves are you using?

RBW Member kgdiver is an unknown quantity at this point kgdiver's Avatar

Re: what dry gloves are you using?

I use the Viking Bayonets system. Highly recommended. Simple and effective.

New Member hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ch3micaldud3  View Original Post
    ...I use the Check-up dry glove...
    Smaller version of the OC system?
    Any idea what the actual diameter is?

Quote Originally Posted by cloudboy55  View Original Post
    DUI Zip gloves...
    Have to change the wrist seals again...
    Then be stuck with proprietary seals...

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaAl  View Original Post
    ...Viking Classic ring system...
    Single seal, won't work for me... I move between cold and warm water too often. I need the ability to dive with and without dry-gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Soren Thomsen  View Original Post
    ...SI TECH Glove Lock...
    This one has always interested me... so the seal on the suit is friction only?

thanks for all the input thus far!

hoppy

Death Before Discomfort nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971's Avatar
    JM Hammerhead

Suck it up and dive a wet suit. Fred does.

RBW Member Owen P. Bermann is an unknown quantity at this point Owen P. Bermann's Avatar
    Hammerhead

I've been using the SI-Tech ring system. As long as I don't hole them grabbing lobster, they've been warm and dry. The ring makes them a little cumbersome, but not unmanagable.

I did one thing differently. I didn't like the idea of anything clamping to my drysuit seals, so I took the rings which would normally attach to your wrist seals, and fitted completely separate wrist seals onto them. After I don my suit, I put the rings on over my wrist seals so the two seals overlap. Then the gloves attach in the normal fashion. It's worked well for me so far.

The actual glove is replaceable for about $5, so even if you do put a hole in them you can be back in business in about 5 minutes (once your hand thaws out)

The other thing that works well is the Henderson 7mm Gauntlet.
    While not technically a "dry" glove, until get some wear and tear on them, they will actually stay dry.

regards,
    Owen

RBW Member Rob Dobson is on a distinguished road Rob Dobson is on a distinguished road Rob Dobson's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

MEG (COPIS II)

Quote Originally Posted by hoppyinca  View Original Post
    Single seal, won't work for me... I move between cold and warm water too often. I need the ability to dive with and without dry-gloves.
    Not so... You have the glove sealing against the ring and then you have the latex seal inside that sealing against your skin. You can use this system without dry gloves if you wish; i.e wet gloves or no gloves.

New Member hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nated1971  View Original Post
    Suck it up and dive a wet suit. Fred does.
    how could I begin to compete with Fred?!?!?!?!

hoppy

Quote Originally Posted by Owen P. Bermann  View Original Post
    ...SI-Tech ring system... one thing differently... fitted completely separate wrist seals onto them...

...Henderson 7mm Gauntlet... until get some wear and tear on them, they will actually stay dry...
    I like the idea of not attaching the rings directly to the suit as well... what type of wrist seals did you use?

what is the cost difference between the SI-Tech and Henderson?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Dobson  View Original Post
    Not so... glove sealing against the ring... latex seal inside... against your skin...
    the pics I was looking at appeared not to have an internal seal... I set my OC rings up the same way; however, having the ring was a pain... almost more so when not in use.

I appreciate the continued input!

hoppy

RBW Member Owen P. Bermann is an unknown quantity at this point Owen P. Bermann's Avatar
    Hammerhead

I like the idea of not attaching the rings directly to the suit as well... what type of wrist seals did you use?

what is the cost difference between the SI-Tech and Henderson?

the pics I was looking at appeared not to have an internal seal... I set my OC rings up the same way; however, having the ring was a pain... almost more so when not in use.

I appreciate the continued input!

hoppy
    The Hendersons run between $45 and $70. I haven't had a pair go more than two seasons. Also my dexterity sucks with that much neoprene over my hands.
    The Si-Tech were about $140 from scubatoys. I used a set of bell style latex wrist seals on them, one size larger than my existing ones. I put them on facing the opposite direction as my drysuit seal and the only leakage so far has been from puncturing the glove while grabbing a bug.

Owen

RBW Member Rob Dobson is on a distinguished road Rob Dobson is on a distinguished road Rob Dobson's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

MEG (COPIS II)

the pics I was looking at appeared not to have an internal seal...
    Look here for some different pics of the system:

Deep Ideas Ltd

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3