+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The perfect CCR

Custom Title Allowed! Deepwreck will become famous soon enough Deepwreck will become famous soon enough Deepwreck will become famous soon enough Deepwreck's Avatar

The perfect CCR

I will start out by saying that no RB has everything, nor can any one RB have everything everyone would want, but what if it did. :D
    So for sake of argument what would you put into your perfect RB.
    Hose routing
    ADV
    Canister life
    Price
    ECT.

Made in England. Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk.'s Avatar
    Viale C.Colombo 75 Marina di Carrara. MS 54036 Italy

Re: The perfect CCR

Quote Originally Posted by Deepwreck
    I will start out by saying that no RB has everything, nor can any one RB have everything everyone would want, but what if it did. :D
    So for sake of argument what would you put into your perfect RB.

Hose routing

streemlined like a Ferrari!

ADV

Auto with manual overdrive

Canister life

10hrs.

Price

4000 (Euro's)

ECT. fully independant eletronics with deco capabilities. FFM with BOV, and quick conects to bail out bottles slung'. low WOB perfectly weighted so i can just have 2k's on my belt with my dry suit.
    oh yeh, 100% working all the time.
    That'l do...........for starters.

Total NOOB trey is an unknown quantity at this point trey's Avatar
    NT1

Dolphin

To me the perfect RB would be something recreational (130 ft) to get more OC divers crossed over...in about the $2000 retail range. Discounted to, say $1500, and throw in the cert. The only requirements would be OW, AOW, and Nitrox to keep the quals simple and encourage more divers to get started.

Unit would be an extremely small SCR with a small 1.5-2 hr canister and a 4 ltr (30 cu ft) steel tank mounted on the back maybe in some sort of box...(maybe not...whatever makes it look slick) and OTS counter lungs. Dosage device would be kinda like an Azi, only accomodating a single gas, but retaining the injection feature to bring up the O2 in the loop if it gets low. All hoses and the reg would remain made from commonly available parts (standard IP DIN reg...standard hoses, etc). Unit would be available with wing as small as 20lbs on up to 40ish. Bailout 2nd stage would be attached to the reg as well as the inflator hose. This would keep it simple and if divers wanted to solo, they would be taught to carry extra bail-out. Unit would only use 32-40% nitrox as the drive gas.

I think a unit like this would be cool for regular fun dives and would serve as a 'gateway drug' to the bigger, badder RBs...and would just be quick and simple for ALL RB divers that had no plan to drop below the 130 ft mark or to do a long dive. Am I crazy?

It's what I'd like to see...

-T

Team Torrent Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken's Avatar

The perfect rebreather would have a little, tummy mounted bailout buddy attached. Something like a parastic male on a large deep sea anglerfish.

This little, attached RB would always be working in the background and be ready to go when the big unit decided to go South or needed a little something extra. :D

WEB MERMEN wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang's Avatar
    Inspo-Meg-PosMkVI-CCRDolphin

Prism,rEVO,Mk15.5,KISS,Hmblds

BMCL
    Light frame but with spot for internal soft weights
    Completed unit is trim neutral
    Electronic controller as well as KISS valve.
    Offboard system as standard capable of breathing off at depth and feeds the BOV.
    HUD
    Frame capable of various tanks.
    4 to 6 hour scrubber duration under worst load.
    No tools required for cleaning breakdown and calibration.
    Sensors are easily purchased (various brands types usable in a pinch)
    Sensor connector is corrosion proof.
    Place for a forth cell as std
    Solenoid is servicable
    A simple way to drain the system from a partial flood
    Batteries are std, cheap and readily available
    External on off switch, reachable during the dive
    Set points can be changed and adjusted during the dive.

and maybe
    When the controller is switched off the handset can still display the PPO2

that should do for now I am sure other will list some stuff that I consider a must have as well.

Total NOOB trey is an unknown quantity at this point trey's Avatar
    NT1

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by trey
    To me the perfect RB would be something recreational (130 ft) to get more OC divers crossed over...in about the $2000 retail range. Discounted to, say $1500, and throw in the cert. The only requirements would be OW, AOW, and Nitrox to keep the quals simple and encourage more divers to get started.

Unit would be an extremely small SCR with a small 1.5-2 hr canister and a 4 ltr (30 cu ft) steel tank mounted on the back maybe in some sort of box...(maybe not...whatever makes it look slick) and OTS counter lungs. Dosage device would be kinda like an Azi, only accomodating a single gas, but retaining the injection feature to bring up the O2 in the loop if it gets low. All hoses and the reg would remain made from commonly available parts (standard IP DIN reg...standard hoses, etc). Unit would be available with wing as small as 20lbs on up to 40ish. Bailout 2nd stage would be attached to the reg as well as the inflator hose. This would keep it simple and if divers wanted to solo, they would be taught to carry extra bail-out. Unit would only use 32-40% nitrox as the drive gas.

I think a unit like this would be cool for regular fun dives and would serve as a 'gateway drug' to the bigger, badder RBs...and would just be quick and simple for ALL RB divers that had no plan to drop below the 130 ft mark or to do a long dive. Am I crazy?

It's what I'd like to see...

-T
    Oh wait...you did say CCR...that's a whole other story...TBC...

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar
    Sentinel/Boris/Evo/Liberty

HomeBuild, AP Classic, Path

Quote Originally Posted by Nick uk.
    oh yeh, 100% working all the time.
    That'l do...........for starters.

You forgot a Coffee machine...:D

Nad

Made in England. Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nad
    You forgot a Coffee machine...:D

Nad
    If you'll be my buddy, doesn't your ourobros have one? :D

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar
    Sentinel/Boris/Evo/Liberty

HomeBuild, AP Classic, Path

Quote Originally Posted by Nick uk.
    If you'll be my buddy, doesn't your ourobros have one? :D
    Ehm...well...not:o , for the moment just Beer.:D

Cheers

Nad

Quote Originally Posted by Nad
    Ehm...well...not:o , for the moment just Beer.:D

Cheers

Nad
    It doesn't get much more british than that!!!! :D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast