+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hybrid HH

Death Before Discomfort nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971's Avatar
    JM Hammerhead

Hybrid HH

Does anyone have their HH set up as a hybrid? What would the pros and cons be?

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Re: Hybrid HH

Quote Originally Posted by nated1971  View Original Post
    Does anyone have their HH set up as a hybrid? What would the pros and cons be?

I have operated the HH as an eccr/mccr hybrid to judge its performance....
    It worked as expected.. Switched it back to an Eccr which I prefer to fly 100% manual (as opposed to a constant o2 bleed).. It only takes about 5 minutes to switch back and forth...
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

I also fly mine manually.... Set point is at 1.0 and I dive it at 1.2

Death Before Discomfort nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971's Avatar
    JM Hammerhead

That is how Jeff taught me to fly mine, but about .05 above set point. Was curious about hybrid mode.

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Quote Originally Posted by nated1971  View Original Post
    That is how Jeff taught me to fly mine, but about .05 above set point. Was curious about hybrid mode.
    Understood... on the "flying manual" a difference of .05 becomes a rounding error when leveraging the DIVA. The difference between 1.0 and 1.2 is very distinct when using the PP02 mode. It makes it very easy to manage the PP02 decay between 1.2 and 1.1...

Good luck!

Mark

The Evolution of Diving diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob's Avatar
    Hybrid Meg

MCCR Dolphin, Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by jradomski  View Original Post
    I have operated the HH as an eccr/mccr hybrid to judge its performance....
    It worked as expected.. Switched it back to an Eccr which I prefer to fly 100% manual (as opposed to a constant o2 bleed).. It only takes about 5 minutes to switch back and forth...

Just curious but why would you not use the leaky valve and still fly it manually? I am just about to get a hybrid Meg and would like to hear the pros and cons. Thanks

Rob

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

I am just getting ready to order the leaky valve for mine to carry as a back up should the electronic/solenoid ever fail while I am out away from civilization. The switchover is so simple that it is a very easy fix for a non-functioning solenoid. Of course, you would still want pO2 monitoring available! IMHO, this is one of the cool features about the HH. It comes as standard to be able to use the leaky valve without having to drill holes etc.

Regards,
    Randy

Supporting Member DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill's Avatar
    HammerHead

Dolphin

I have the leaky valve.

I've used it once. It works fine you have to fine tune the IP a bit to adjust the flow rate. But that's easy and Jakub sends all the parts you need with the "kit".

JM Hammerhead

I can see where the larger difference between set point and manual add would be better. I wonder if Jeff had me fly the narrower margin in the course to drill PO2 awareness. I'll have to ask him. Good point on having a leaky valve around as a back-up to the solenoid. Definitely on of the cool features of the HH.

+ Reply to Thread