+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rec-2-Tek with Chatterton and Kohler

Supporting Member Capt Gary is an unknown quantity at this point Capt Gary's Avatar

Rec-2-Tek with Chatterton and Kohler

A few pictures from John Chatterton and Richie Kohler's Advanced Nitrox/Deco Procedure/Advanced Wreck class currently being held.

Richie Calculating SAC Rate at the pool

[left]A good understanding of your SAC rate will help you when planning dives. Here the students breath on a known quantity of gas for a certain amount of time. Knowing how much gas was used over that specified time you can then calculate SAC rate.

John in the classroom
    Classroom sessions are conducted every morning. Topics cover a lot of information and take from John and Richie's vast experience in wreck diving.

After a dive on the Spiegel Grove

Dives are conducted everyday, usually in the afternoon. All dives are planned deco dives where skills consisting of boom drills, remove/replace tools carried, and wreck penetration is conducted.

Not even half way thru the class and it is shaping up to be a great learning experience. I want to thank my good friends John and Richie for helping me put this class together.

We'll be diving the Spiegel, Duane and Bibb over the next few days and have a few slots if you'd like to come dive with us. Check out our on-line calendar for days and availability or just give us a call.

If you'd be interested in getting in on the next class, drop me a note. We've already got 4....date yet to be determined.

Good Diving,
    Last edited by Capt Gary; 6th May 2009 at 11:13.

Cut along dotted line... Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler's Avatar

Re: Rec-2-Tek with Chatterton and Kohler

Thanks for posting Gary... please keep us up-to-date as the week progresses

Supporting Member Capt Gary is an unknown quantity at this point Capt Gary's Avatar

Re: Rec-2-Tek with Chatterton and Kohler

Been so busy haven't had time to get back to this thread until now.

The week with John and Richie went very well. We were blessed with perfect weather for all our dives. We had 7 students in the class with various degrees of diving experience, but for the class they needed to have at least 60 logged dives, be Advanced Open Water certified, and have a Basic Wreck or Cavern certification.

This is a comprehensive course that essentially takes Advanced Open Water divers and introduces them to decompression diving and wreck penetration over a six day period. This course covers a lot of ground in a relatively short period of time. When the student walks away they will have completed course in Advanced Nitrox, Deco Procedures, and Advanced Wreck and have a with a good foundation in their wreck diving future.

The experience that John and Richie bring to the class is second to none, and I want to thank both of them for there excellent instruction, not to mention the fun, they both provided for the week.

Both John and Richie thought this class was so valuable that they are going to team up again with Capt Gary at Conch Republic Divers to do it again, Oct 25th - 30th, 2009. To get information and sign up for the next class.....Click here for more information.

Good Diving,

+ Reply to Thread