+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HH doesn't keep up with setpoint

RBW Member MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien's Avatar
    rEvo

Optima, HammerHead, KISS

HH doesn't keep up with setpoint

On my last dive, I noticed that my HH doesn't fully reach the setpoint. For example, I would set a ppO2 of 1.0, but the solenoid never injects enough to reach this value. Instead, it stays at around 0.95. My O2 IP is about 130psi.

Has anybody else also experienced this problem? Should I increase O2 IP? This was on a deep dive, 260+ feet, in case this matters.

Jani Haaja jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja's Avatar
    JJ-CCR, Inspo Classic

HH Inspo

Re: HH doesn't keep up with setpoint

What is your setting for setpoint error? This can have effect on the setpoint.

JH
    Finland

RBW Member MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien's Avatar
    rEvo

Optima, HammerHead, KISS

Doh! I didn't know that there is such a setting Ignore my question :)

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhaaja  View Original Post
    What is your setting for setpoint error? This can have effect on the setpoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcLaukien  View Original Post
    Doh! I didn't know that there is such a setting Ignore my question :)
    Please don't...!

I don't dive a hammerhead/optima..., but allot of folks I know do.... I'd guess it's an allowable 'range' where to the + or - of 'sp' it would consider as on target... likely to accommodate normal drift due to humidity/moisture...?

If I'm wrong - please set me straight..

-Tim

Jani Haaja jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja's Avatar
    JJ-CCR, Inspo Classic

HH Inspo

Hopefully Radomski will step up and set us straight. I remember that it is not advisable to set it too tight, maybe ~5% error should be used.

You can check what setting you have now and correct it if needed.

Chacked from the current manual that the standard error setting is only used if the solenoid firing mode Standard is used.

JH
    Finland

rEvo

Optima, HammerHead, KISS

I'm using Juergensen Mode solenoid firing, and the setpoint error is 5%. Both are the default values. My HH never overshoots... it always stays about 5% below the chosen setpoint value. I used fresh LST 14500 batteries for the last dive.

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Quote Originally Posted by jhaaja  View Original Post
    Hopefully Radomski will step up and set us straight. I remember that it is not advisable to set it too tight, maybe ~5% error should be used.

You can check what setting you have now and correct it if needed.

Chacked from the current manual that the standard error setting is only used if the solenoid firing mode Standard is used.

JH
    Finland
    The standard error setting is for standard mode only, it has no effect on juergensen mode.. in stanadard mode 5% is generally the best overall setting (but 10% would be fbetter when very deep) and will not get overshoots when deep.. on shallow dives 1% is fine..

Standard mode can overshoot the sp when deep, juergensen mode reduces the fireing duration as depth increases, but can keep the po2 within 1% on the low side if this setting is used, 1% when deep will oveshoot the target..

You will NEVER see the HH overshoot po2 in juergensen mode, it is generally SLIGHTLY below the targeted sp.. The sensors are averaged and rounded, foe example if you have .95, .95, ,96 the average is ~.95 which is rounded to 1.0.. you can see the rounding clearly on the secondary since it shows the average... the sp is rounded to TENTHS.. I find when it injects near the SP, it gets closer when the IP is higher since the flow is greater and there is a minimum injection time that the HH uses or it wount fire.. There is a significant difference in flow between 100 psi and 150psi... I usually have my IP between 140 and 150 psi..

Rember you were trained to do your planning .05 ata below the sp...
    Last edited by jradomski; 5th May 2009 at 12:32.
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by MarcLaukien  View Original Post
    My O2 IP is about 130psi.
    Isn't this a bit on the high side? I thought the IP should be around 90.

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Quote Originally Posted by Tienuts  View Original Post
    Isn't this a bit on the high side? I thought the IP should be around 90.
    Hmmm... It depends in the solenoid in use... See below from the 2.01 HH electronics manual...
    Attached Images

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

(90 psi is for the Optima solenoid only, i believe.

Joe, on one of my Optima's, in Jurgensen mode, the solenoid does overshoot. generally, at a stable depth or during non intial descent depth changes, it is fine. however, on the surface when doing a pre dive check, it will overshoot. if i have something like .4 or .5 in the loop and then to test solenoid operation, set in .7, it fires a BIG slug of O2 and generally overshoots to about .8. i also have had it overshoot on descent after reaching the bottom with an initial PO2 of .7. on one occasion it shot up to 1.65 and activated the DIVA. i understand about fast descents and all, so it is not much of a problem now that am aware of it, but my other Optima does not react that way. O2 Ip is at 90 psi in both units.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast