+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cable management options

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Re: Cable management options

Quote Originally Posted by Tienuts  View Original Post
    I would think that 1) the velcro cable would help prevent such occurrences, 2) that if you did get a velcro cable stuck, that pulling the velcro connection apart would be trivial, (it is just velcro) and 3) who cares about valve shutdown? Piss the gas into the wind, cut the handset cable if it came to that and bail out. You do carry enough bailout hopefully....
    Tony

I agree doing it would lower the probability of a snag no doubt. Its just thinking thru what the backup plan if it did happen. Currently, with sufficient arm strength you could break the signal cable or connection to the handset. I guess only a test would tell.

You should go try to pull a piece of velcro apart with lateral force. The stuff holds like superglue. Of course it also depends on the grade of velcro and the fabric strength that it is afixed upon.

Also, you warm water wimps do not have any idea how much more difficult it is to cut or unattach anything with cold hands and cold water gloves. :)

John

MK15.x Aficionado rob.laurie will become famous soon enough rob.laurie will become famous soon enough rob.laurie will become famous soon enough rob.laurie's Avatar
    MK15.5, MK15

Inspo classics, KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by kevin stone  View Original Post
    I have been wrapping up the spare cable I still get some loops sometime when I bend my arm, the cable loop tangles in the stage rigging I am thinking a little velcro will be helpful.
    I'll pass on the velcro, as posted get the cable length correct and do a wrap or two around your arm. Pretty much eliminates any loops & doesn't seem to restrict movement, Works for me.

Rob

Supporting Member kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone's Avatar
    Classic Kiss Hammerhead

Sport Kiss Hammerhead

Quote Originally Posted by jkaterenchuk  View Original Post
    Tony

with sufficient arm strength you could break the signal cable or connection to the handset. I guess only a test would tell.

John
    John I will let you go first!
    I have given Kevin J enough of my cash for a while

Supporting Member kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone's Avatar
    Classic Kiss Hammerhead

Sport Kiss Hammerhead

Quote Originally Posted by rob.laurie  View Original Post
    I'll pass on the velcro, as posted get the cable length correct and do a wrap or two around your arm. Pretty much eliminates any loops & doesn't seem to restrict movement, Works for me.

Rob
    I am a little slow, so wrapping the cables around my arm just confuses me more, and I end more entangled

RBW Member cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron's Avatar
    KISS Classic

I shorten the cables and run everything behind my shoulder and under my arm. Stack your stages left and keep your cables on the right arm. Never had a tangle this way.

Cam

MK15.x Aficionado rob.laurie will become famous soon enough rob.laurie will become famous soon enough rob.laurie will become famous soon enough rob.laurie's Avatar
    MK15.5, MK15

Inspo classics, KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by kevin stone  View Original Post
    I am a little slow, so wrapping the cables around my arm just confuses me more, and I end more entangled
    Sorry Kev, I can't help you with that !!

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by jkaterenchuk  View Original Post
    cold hands and cold water gloves. :)

John
    Well here is your problem.

New Member Peter Bomberg is an unknown quantity at this point Peter Bomberg's Avatar

Ok I will admit this is pure speculation as I don't have either the dry-suit or the re-breather yet.

My original thinking was thinking was to glue velcro loops for cable management, then I was wondering would not a length of cable protector like (rEvo Cable Protector) cut for the elbow and then run it for the straight lengths?

The elbows would still have loops, and I was only thinking for the Fisher cable and Setpoint controller cables that run to your forearm.

It's All Good! RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith's Avatar
    Inspo Evolution

Stay tuned!

could use the quick release bungee straps like on the shearwater handset...then if you forget its an easy clip todo up..or get out of if you need to fast.....just a thought.....

Another Dilligaf Diver nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rob.laurie  View Original Post

Rob

+1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2