+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shipment Held In Warehouse

RBW Member Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge's Avatar
    rEvo II

Evolution

Shipment Held In Warehouse

Maybe some of the guys in the States have run into this before. I have ordered a new box and it was shipped from Europe on April 24. By April 26 it was in NY JFK where it's been stuck until now. The shipment tracking information is updated daily, just says "Shipment Held In Warehouse. Follow Up Actions Underway." The box is addressed to my instructor and had been sitting in the JFK warehouse six days now. Is this normal? Anything to be concerned about?

Diving Technologist JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba's Avatar
    KISS Classic # 275

MK15, Draeger, TheKyle-CCR

Re: Shipment Held In Warehouse

Quote Originally Posted by Serge  View Original Post
    Maybe some of the guys in the States have run into this before. I have ordered a new box and it was shipped from Europe on April 24. By April 26 it was in NY JFK where it's been stuck until now. The shipment tracking information is updated daily, just says "Shipment Held In Warehouse. Follow Up Actions Underway." The box is addressed to my instructor and had been sitting in the JFK warehouse six days now. Is this normal? Anything to be concerned about?

Depending on how much was coming into the customs office its not uncommon for this to sit a week, two weeks, three weeks or a month. You probably need to have a customs broker clear it for you.

Importing is just so much fun.

Cheers
    JDS

Head Dishwasher
    Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey's Avatar
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

If its a UPS or Fedex package, customs might be holding for lack of proper paper work.

if this is the case UPS and Fedex will return the package to sender in 10 working days if its not corrected.

I advise you to pick up the phone and call the shipper. they can tell you specifically what the hold up is.

I had a Kiss Shearwater Kidney I shipped to the UK that ended up in Kuwait (mistake of Fedex) the customs paper work was unreal to get that sorted out. package was held by customs by 3 countries a total of close to 20 days.
    Last edited by Monkey; 1st May 2009 at 15:38.
    Monkey Diver Inc.
    Monkey Diver Travel Inc.
    http://www.monkeydiver.com

RBW Member Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge's Avatar
    rEvo II

Evolution

Thanks guys. The shipping company is called TNT. Never heard of it before, but they got it to the correct side of the ocean so far, I'm relatively optimistic at this point. The better not take a month, my training is in less that 2 weeks. Hope there was a on the form that says "Critical SCUBA Equipment! Receiver needs to dive ASAP!" Don't they know how important it is to me? :)

RBW Member PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2's Avatar

Hello,

Yes, there may well be something to worry about.

I had something similar happen, with the status showing that the package was in customs in NY. What I eventually found out was that the *paperwork* was expedited to the warehouse electronically and that was reflected in the status. Final tracking, after weeks of pushing for details, showed that the actual box never made it anywhere near the US and had been lost (stolen?) and, as far as I know, never was found. The box never made it on the plane out of the country of origin. The tracking system doesn't do well in international shipments.

You have NO rights what-so-ever, and have to push the shipper to initiate a trace. I would recommend you do so immediately. As is typical of business these days, the customer service on this type of things is horrible and slow.

Sincerely,

Paul
    Paul's first law states that the safety of an activity is determined by how forgiving of mistakes the activity is.

Paul's second law states that the difference between an adventurer and an explorer is whether the doing or the learning comes first.

"Don't be surprised if at the center of every hurricane in your life is an "I"." --paul gernhardt

rEvo CCR Driver silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba's Avatar
    JJ-CCR, rEvo

I have been dealing with TNT now for some time for shipments from Belgium.

Typically it has been taking about a week for the customs clearance to take place before the shipment can be sent out for delivery.

Call TNT, they have been very helpful for me in getting things sorted out.

RBW Member cadblaster3 will become famous soon enough cadblaster3 will become famous soon enough cadblaster3 will become famous soon enough cadblaster3 will become famous soon enough cadblaster3's Avatar
    Inspiration, Micro rEvo

I had a shipment from Belgium thru TNT as well a few months ago. It sat in JFK for a week and a half before proceeding to my address, and that was after it had cleared customs.........

Ed

Banned MB is an unknown quantity at this point MB's Avatar

Serge:

I'm the importer of this shipment, not you.
    There are more goods in the shipment than those destined to you.
    Please: Let me do my job. Micromanaging my job is not helpful.

The issue was a Power of Attorney form to the customs brokerage house that needed updating.
    That's been done and the shipment is being cleared.

This is just part of any shipment that needs to clear customs.
    Just part and parcel of international commerce.

Remember that this is FREIGHT, not "Priority Shipment".
    Yes, we can have them sent FEDEX in 48 hours, but only if you want to add about $1000 to the cost.
    The expectation for freight is lots longer from consignment to delivery. Weeks at times.
    Think that's bad, try sea-freight. Your lead time is expressed in months.

Bottom line is that it's not needed for 2 more weeks. It'll be here.

Dave

Last edited by MB; 1st May 2009 at 17:27.

rEvo II

Evolution

Dave,

Didn't realize you were on top of it. I'm not a lawyer, never had to deal with this before, so I'm simply asking the question, that's all. Not trying to interfere. Thank you for clarifying the status. Life is good again.

Serge

Banned MB is an unknown quantity at this point MB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Serge  View Original Post
    Dave,

Didn't realize you were on top of it. I'm not a lawyer, never had to deal with this before, so I'm simply asking the question, that's all. Not trying to interfere. Thank you for clarifying the status. Life is good again.

Serge

No worries buddy. That's why I'm paid the big-bucks...

Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast