+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Vee-Cam

  1. #1
    RBW Member Jedstar is an unknown quantity at this point Jedstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kalgoorlie WA Australia
    Posts
    1

    Vee-Cam

    Hi Guys from Western Australia

    I am very new to diving & wanted info about Vee-Cam's some other posts last year listed many problems. Have they improved them is it a good unit for diving or are they still full of bugs?

  2. #2
    So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    5,205
    JJ Hybrid

    Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

    Re: Vee-Cam

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedstar  View Original Post
    Hi Guys from Western Australia

    I am very new to diving & wanted info about Vee-Cam's some other posts last year listed many problems. Have they improved them is it a good unit for diving or are they still full of bugs?

    The origional camera head leaked and they changed the design to a fulley potted head.

    I have had the revised head on my unit since about October 08 its been to 76m no problems to report. I did 10 dives on it in Mexico a couple of weeks ago all fine.

    I will probably sell my one if your interested. I have baught a scooter and I need to refund the money.

    Basicly having come back from Mexico with 10 hours of footage I have discovered i cant be arsed to spend 30 hours editing it all down I am going to concentrate in stills photography from now on.


    My one has the peli case and a head mount arm

    Ill be after £750 +PP It lives in a heavy canvus pouch when i am diving so it looks like brand new.







    I uploaded this raw footage of a 30m UK dive. Ill have some cave footage ready later but I havent uploaded anythingt edited to a public forum yet because they wont let me have my chosen music

    Veecam :: VEEcam attempt 3 remix by MarkChase - Photobucket


    ATB

    Mark

  3. #3
    RBW Member Taras is an unknown quantity at this point Taras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    13

    Re: Vee-Cam

    Hi Jedstar,
    We are based in WA and have been developing a number of Tech camera systems including a headcam which is capable of 200m, low light, wide angle, wide screen and high quality footage, 10 hour bat, 3.5 hours video etc.
    We have developed it for a number of cave trips we have planned in the next 12 months and will be using it to back up the broadcast HD stuff we are filming (for areas we can't get the big housing). You might want to take a look at this over a beer before you spend your money.

    Also I am thinking of running a batch of these units - anybody interest?

  4. #4
    RBW Member xyuppiex is an unknown quantity at this point xyuppiex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1

    Re: Vee-Cam

    Quote Originally Posted by Taras  View Original Post
    Also I am thinking of running a batch of these units - anybody interest?
    I'd be interested. Been looking at the vee-cam for the past year, but it just doesn't tickle in the right places quite yet.

    Any estimation on price?

  5. #5
    Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,251
    rEvo III mini

    Re: Vee-Cam

    I would be as well. Let us know.

  6. #6
    RBW Member trakrat is on a distinguished road trakrat is on a distinguished road trakrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    the peoples republic of yorkshire
    Posts
    164
    rEvo

    Re: Vee-Cam

    Quote Originally Posted by xyuppiex  View Original Post
    I'd be interested. Been looking at the vee-cam for the past year, but it just doesn't tickle in the right places quite yet.

    Any estimation on price?
    me too

  7. #7

    Re: Vee-Cam

    Quote Originally Posted by trakrat  View Original Post
    me too
    any more info?

  8. #8
    still learning... gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Laleham, Middlesex, England, UK
    Posts
    167

    Re: Vee-Cam

    I also have a vee cam for sale, with the newly designed waterproof head, hardly used. Send me a PM for details of you like

  9. #9
    Sebastian Chander Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Leeds, England
    Posts
    505
    Deep Smeg

    Megalodon

    Re: Vee-Cam

    I'm interested too. My Vee-Cam never worked properly and eventually I sent it back for a refund.

    But the idea of a video 'black box' is one I'm interested in, especially if it can interface with my rebreather to simultaneously record the info from my lekkies.

    That way you could go back over your dives and see exactly what was going on with you and your unit at any point in your dive.

    Seb

  10. #10
    The jungle CCR guy !!! brunospf is an unknown quantity at this point brunospf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    356
    Megalodon Apecs 2.7 with SW

    Megalodon Apecs 2.7a

    Re: Vee-Cam

    I´m interested.

    cheers,

    Bruno

    Quote Originally Posted by Taras  View Original Post
    Hi Jedstar,
    We are based in WA and have been developing a number of Tech camera systems including a headcam which is capable of 200m, low light, wide angle, wide screen and high quality footage, 10 hour bat, 3.5 hours video etc.
    We have developed it for a number of cave trips we have planned in the next 12 months and will be using it to back up the broadcast HD stuff we are filming (for areas we can't get the big housing). You might want to take a look at this over a beer before you spend your money.

    Also I am thinking of running a batch of these units - anybody interest?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts