+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Deco Stops on the Hammerhead

RBW Member mpain is an unknown quantity at this point mpain's Avatar

Deco Stops on the Hammerhead

Hi all,

when coming up to a stop longer than 1 minute, the Hammerhead unit counts down as expected (6 @ 30ft, 5 @ 30ft, etc) but when it reaches 1 minute it stays there for 4-5 minutes before clearing to the next stop. Therefore what starts as a 6 minute stop becomes 11 minutes. Both Primary and Secondary do the same thing.

Anyone know about this?

Regards
    Mark Pain

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Re: Deco Stops on the Hammerhead

Yes it is a well know situation. You can search to read the long discription but in short you need to break the ceiling after the last one minute is up for the computer to clear to No Stop. Since 10ft to the surface should be done very slowly you will find its not a issue.

John

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mpain  View Original Post
    Hi all,

when coming up to a stop longer than 1 minute, the Hammerhead unit counts down as expected (6 @ 30ft, 5 @ 30ft, etc) but when it reaches 1 minute it stays there for 4-5 minutes before clearing to the next stop. Therefore what starts as a 6 minute stop becomes 11 minutes. Both Primary and Secondary do the same thing.

Anyone know about this?

Regards
    Mark Pain
    I've only ever noticed this on the last stop. I usually do most of my final deco at 6m but have to move up to 3m for a bit if I want the HH to have any chance of clearing this century. I've noticed the last minute takes what seems to be forever to disappear, I figured it was from not being bang on 3m.

At deeper stops I've noticed it does go over but only by maybe seconds.

Cheers,

Stuart

RBW Member Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko's Avatar
    HH Inspiration / Joki

Dolphin, Megalodon, RGU

Is any choise to change from 3 to 6 mtrs the last stop?
    Thanks
    Mikel

Stéphane Acounis Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane's Avatar
    rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

Hi Mikel,

You can do the 3m stop at 6m, it will continue to calculate your decompression.
    However, the last minute take a long time to clear. Just ascent slowly and it will clear before reaching the surface.

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Mikel-Deko  View Original Post
    Is any choise to change from 3 to 6 mtrs the last stop?
    Thanks
    Mikel

It cannot be changed in the deco computer itself but you can do as Stephane indicates in his post.

John

RBW Member Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko's Avatar
    HH Inspiration / Joki

Dolphin, Megalodon, RGU

Yes, it is what i usually do but it was just a question...

Thanks anyway.

Mikel

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

Quote Originally Posted by lizardland  View Original Post
    have to move up to 3m for a bit if I want the HH to have any chance of clearing this century.
    Oh yes, I was there last time swiming in circle like a fish in a bowl and regularly checking this 1mn when it hit me that it was THE 1 damn minute @ 3m
    I just ascent half a meter and it cleared. I don't know why I always seem to forget about this but that happened to me a few times and I always forget.
    Best
    Philippe

RBW Member mpain is an unknown quantity at this point mpain's Avatar

Thanks for all the responses.

It's not only the 3 metre stop though, it does it at the 6 and 9 metre stops also.

Do I just have to start ascending after the time has elapsed and it will click over? I have a big one tomorrow and dont need to spend an extra 5 at each stop.

Regards
    Mark Pain

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Quote Originally Posted by mpain  View Original Post
    Thanks for all the responses.

It's not only the 3 metre stop though, it does it at the 6 and 9 metre stops also.

Do I just have to start ascending after the time has elapsed and it will click over? I have a big one tomorrow and dont need to spend an extra 5 at each stop.

Regards
    Mark Pain

the only time the deeper stops should be extended is if the po2 is varying much.. for example at 6m, if you flush and its a 1.5 and it decays down to a 1.3 expect to take a bit longet since the prediction was based on a higher sp.. if you also go slightly deeper this will also extend your stop time a bit.. maybe a minute or 2 but not more...

Make sure your depth is as close to the stop depth as possible for the most accurate prediction (this makes more of a difference as you approach the surface).. check your depth using the secondary as it wil give you tenths of meters, remember in metric mode the primary is only full meters..

at th 3m stop, wait the alloted time thenjust break the 3m depth and pause... it should clear on the next TTS update..
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast