+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Traveling with a RB, fly Alaskan

RBW Member sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330's Avatar
    Who cares

A few

Traveling with a RB, fly Alaskan

I'm leaving tomorrow for a trip down to Florida and thought I should check my baggage allowance before I leave. I've got to say Alaskan Airlines has the best baggage policy as far as weight limits go. My first bag is free and my second one is $25 but this is where it gets good. My second bag will be over weight and and as long as it is under 100 lbs it is only going to cost me and additional $50. That's right, you read correctly under 100 lbs. So I'll be bringing a second bag that weights 90 lbs and its only going to cost me $75; that's all right by me.

Supporting Member DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill's Avatar
    HammerHead

Dolphin

Re: Traveling with a RB, fly Alaskan

I checked my HH packed in it Storm Case on Southwest.
    It weighed 73lbs. Cost me $25.00. I checked two bags.

Southwest lets you check two bags free. The $25.00 was the overweight fee.

Casual Sport Kiss Pilot RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut's Avatar
    Sport Kiss

Gota love Southwest for Domestic travel!

Rebreatherless bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke's Avatar
    Hammerhead

The other option is to just travel more often. United gives me 3 bags for free , the drawback is that you need to fly 100K+ miles a year to maintan that benefit. Many of the airlines offer similar programs for their frequent flyers, so it pays to be loyal.

Bruce
    Last edited by bwyrwitzke; 17th April 2009 at 04:53.

Administrator Tienuts has disabled reputation Tienuts's Avatar
    rEvo

Optima, Megalodon, KISS

Quote Originally Posted by RebreatherNut  View Original Post
    Gota love Southwest for Domestic travel!
    Southwest is great, but some of their Captains are a bit strange.

Dave Tomblin
    wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by sensor330  View Original Post
    I'm leaving tomorrow for a trip down to Florida and thought I should check my baggage allowance before I leave. I've got to say Alaskan Airlines has the best baggage policy as far as weight limits go. My first bag is free and my second one is $25 but this is where it gets good. My second bag will be over weight and and as long as it is under 100 lbs it is only going to cost me and additional $50. That's right, you read correctly under 100 lbs. So I'll be bringing a second bag that weights 90 lbs and its only going to cost me $75; that's all right by me.
    You mean the Navy isn't paying for this one?
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Don't count your chickens until they hatch.....the one time I flew Alaskan they destroyed a bag. Worst case of abuse I had ever seen. Lucky it was not the one with the CCR. :)

Oh one other positive remark....the check in was a cluster....they had cancelled a flight but made no communication to all the people waiting in line to check in.

John

RBW Member sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330's Avatar
    Who cares

A few

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    You mean the Navy isn't paying for this one?
    no

Who cares

A few

Quote Originally Posted by jkaterenchuk  View Original Post
    Don't count your chickens until they hatch.....the one time I flew Alaskan they destroyed a bag. Worst case of abuse I had ever seen. Lucky it was not the one with the CCR. :)

Oh one other positive remark....the check in was a cluster....they had cancelled a flight but made no communication to all the people waiting in line to check in.

John
    I've flown Alaskan once before with no issues, lets hope this flight goes smoothly.

Prince of darkness Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits's Avatar
    Megalodon

I've flown Alaskan once before with no issues, lets hope this flight goes smoothly.
    I hope that everything goes smoothly with the airline and the caves. Have a good trip Scott.

Cheers

Al

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast